Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: tubing rack

Hybrid View

Default tubing rack

im in the process of re-doing my garage and currently have a tubing rack that sits on the floor and im trying to free up all the floor space i can so i want to mount my tubing on the wall and im trying to figure out the strongest best way to do this for 8 different sizes of tubing but also keep it small, so if you have any pics of what you have made,or any places where you can buy something like this post em up! Thanks guys
    Last edited by t chassis; 06-30-2011 at 11:24 PM.

How big of tubing and how many?

What this is Galvanized Heavy-Duty Shelving System, when I bought it they sold it at Home Despot. Since then rubber maid made them an exclusive offer to handle only their brand.
    Same brand as Lee Valley sells
    it is in Shelf Hardware > Heavy-Duty Shelving Systems

I have used everything, but 40" Hang Track

One wall floor to ceiling 24 feet long has the racks screwed to the wall stud with 3 " heavy duty screws the tracks are 1" high and 5/8" wallboard. Gives me around 2" of screw bite. I have the shelf racks on every wall studs. The only problem was were I had two brackets holding up the shorts in the center section of the photo below. I did over load it and used a thin plywood shelf so it bowed slightly, but didn't fall I welded two sections of rack together, so it can be free standing for the sheet metal storage.

If you have a local wood craft store they also sell them

The wire grilles in the first photo, are the old style grilles covering 8 Foot fluorescent fixtures
    glen, If your not on the edge, your wasting space

Quote Originally Posted by PTsideshow View Post

What this is Galvanized Heavy-Duty Shelving System, when I bought it they sold it at Home Despot. Since then rubber maid made them an exclusive offer to handle only their brand.
    Same brand as Lee Valley sells
    it is in Shelf Hardware > Heavy-Duty Shelving Systems

I have used everything, but 40" Hang Track

One wall floor to ceiling 24 feet long has the racks screwed to the wall stud with 3 " heavy duty screws the tracks are 1" high and 5/8" wallboard. Gives me around 2" of screw bite. I have the shelf racks on every wall studs. The only problem was were I had two brackets holding up the shorts in the center section of the photo below. I did over load it and used a thin plywood shelf so it bowed slightly, but didn't fall I welded two sections of rack together, so it can be free standing for the sheet metal storage.

If you have a local wood craft store they also sell them

The wire grilles in the first photo, are the old style grilles covering 8 Foot fluorescent fixtures
    Looks like you have 5 lbs in a 3 lbs sack!
    Wish you would come and work on my shop for a couple weeks.

I wish he were my neighbor. What a nice array of various materials there PT. Well organized as well.
    Dynasty 200DX "Blue Lightning"
    Bernard 3500ss water-cooler
    Rockwell vertical mill
    Beverly Shear B-3
    Beverly Shear JR
    Home-made English wheel
    Milwaukee Porta-band
    " Sawz-all
    Tennsmith 36" stomp shear
    Fixer upper 1968 Redface Lincoln sa200
    Powcon 300st