Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Portable Welder View Post
    My guess is to much weight on the mower.
    You nail it! But the extra weight help the tractor plowing snow!

I think the real message is stay away from Husqvarna lawn tractors ..

My wife says she knows nothing about the 2 lower panels of the garage door being bent. Despite the fact she is the only one that drives the car & there is a Monte Carlo shaped dent in the door in her stall.

Yeah, I have to drive my wife's Grand Cherokee once in a while, too. Just to check the little things like has the oil been changed lately? Is there air in the tires? Or maybe to figure out what the noises and vibrations coming from the front end are...that she hasn't heard or felt until I point them out and then she says..."Oh, isn't it supposed to do that?" Well, No. Those things indicate that a front wheel bearing is in the process of failing, dear.

Two problems here, that I see..One is that if it will (somehow) still go, then GO SHE DOES, no matter if it is dragging the entire exhaust system and you could hear that 10 miles away! The second one is that (even when she could hear stuff) she had NO idea that she should maybe ask me or someone that might know about "funny noises" the thing is making.

I can't blame her completely, though. The guy who use to live accross the street from me was a grocery store manager and maybe a good one, but he had NO IDEA how to fix anything or even figure out that it needed to be fixed. As my brother says..."That guy doesn't even know which end of a screwdriver to pound on!" So, maybe my wife isn't all alone not having a clue about anything mechanical....****, after being married to me for over 4 DECADES she still asks me questions about medical stuff and I have NEVER, EVER said anything in reply except for "Don't ask me that medical stuff that you KNOW I don't know anything about...ask me about mechanical stuff that I might have some clue as to what the problem might be." I guess everyone can't know everything, though I know a couple of guys that are know-it-alls.
    Don J
    Reno, NV

Never pick a fight with an old guy. Old guys are too smart to fight and get hurt. They'll just kill you and get it over with.