Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default So you think your wife is hard on stuff?

The wife and I took off work a little early on Friday to get the lawn mowed before the weekend. I was almost finished with my side when she comes up to me and says shes pretty much done and she was going into town to pick up the kids....and "oh ya - the mower is making a funny noise - I think something is rubbing"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default A few more pics

A few more
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nicely done. How did she manage to break the frame?

Quote Originally Posted by morgaj1 View Post
    Nicely done. How did she manage to break the frame?
    I'll never know. In her defense, it was probably a long time in the making as some of the cracked frame had rust on it so it had been broke for some time. But - when that mower is running its full throttle and going as fast as it will go

My wife drives her car like that - if it will still go forward, she will. If I don't take it for an inspection ride and check the oil every week or so, she will kill it before she tells me anything is going wrong with it. " Oh that noise? It's been happening for a week or so. Is that bad?" She has burned up 2 engines so far.

That was a good save on the mower.

Charley
    2 Miller Digital Elite and 3 Fixed Shade Helmets
    2 O/A torch sets
    DeWalt 18 volt 1/2" Driver/Drill
    DeWalt 18 volt 6 1/2" Metal Saw
    DeWalt Porta Band & SWAG Offroad V3 Table
    Milwaukee 8" Dry Cut Saw
    Milwaukee 14" Dry Cut Chop Saw / Delta Stand
    Milwaukee 9" Grinder
    2 Milwaukee 4 1/2" Grinders
    Milwaukee Hole Hawg 1/2" Drill
    Wallace 5 Ton Gantry
    Too many hand tools

I'm thinkin' it might be easier to mow the whole thing yourself... "No thanks, Hon, I like to mow..."
    Professional firefighter (retired). Amateur everything else I try to do...
    Oh yeah: GO BIG RED!

Quote Originally Posted by strube1369 View Post
    I'm thinkin' it might be easier to mow the whole thing yourself... "No thanks, Hon, I like to mow..."
    You need to check your priorities my friend

A day out sweating under the hot sun, getting coated in dirt and grass and
    dust and what not, being eaten by bugs, going round and round in never
    ending circles, with someone telling me i forgot to do that area over there
    and look out for the rose bushes and ...

OR

A day in the workshop turning junk into something very useful,
    getting an excuse to go purchase a new tool or two as well as raw materials,
    parts, consumables, and so on, with some good music of choice playing in the
    background (or the game on TV over in the corner) and a cool drink (of water!)
    just step or two away... And then being proclaimed "My Hero!" for saving the
    day...

I'd go for #2 every time

(Btw, looks like a nice fix Willy)
    Frank

Default NIce fix

Next time I would come back with the old push mower, maybe that'll slow her down

You my friend have a good thing going! Your wife mows the yard for crying out loud - stop and think about that. She mows the freaking yard!

I don't understand doing anything that might discourage her. Fix that mower as well as you can (maybe tweak the throttle a little).

Quote Originally Posted by fjk View Post
    You need to check your priorities my friend

A day out sweating under the hot sun, getting coated in dirt and grass and
    dust and what not, being eaten by bugs, going round and round in never
    ending circles, with someone telling me i forgot to do that area over there
    and look out for the rose bushes and ...

OR

A day in the workshop turning junk into something very useful,
    getting an excuse to go purchase a new tool or two as well as raw materials,
    parts, consumables, and so on, with some good music of choice playing in the
    background (or the game on TV over in the corner) and a cool drink (of water!)
    just step or two away... And then being proclaimed "My Hero!" for saving the
    day...

I'd go for #2 every time

(Btw, looks like a nice fix Willy)
    Frank
    I stand (sit) corrected...
    Professional firefighter (retired). Amateur everything else I try to do...
    Oh yeah: GO BIG RED!