Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New here...

Default New here...

Hi guys, I'm new here and still pretty new to welding. I have a Millermatic 211 which I recently bought used at a LWS for $535 (including tax). The machine doesn't look the best on the outside, but the LWS went through the whole thing to make sure it was good. They put in new drive rollers and added a new 200 amp good quality ground clamp, a Tweco 180 amp gun, a Victor gas regulator, and an 11 pound roll of .030 wire. I think it was a pretty good deal, what do you guys think?
    I used to have a Hobart 235 AC stick welder, and it was ok, but I must say this 211 welds so much easier than that AC stick. This thing really welds smooth.
    I'm including a few pictures of the machine on a cart I built with some small pieces of scrap I had. I had to butt weld some angle iron for that thing because the pieces were too small. Some of the welds don't look too great, but I'm getting better. I've also included some pictures of another project - a spare tire carrier for my trailer. The welds look better here and are very strong. Let me know what you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks you for the post.
    Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.