Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default sanitary welding

hi im 19 years old im a sanitary welder for GMS Metal Works. and I thought i would post pics of what a saintary weld should look like.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cool, how are you purging it?
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw
    6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Quote Originally Posted by tyrrellrunnells View Post
    hi im 19 years old im a sanitary welder for GMS Metal Works. and I thought i would post pics of what a saintary weld should look like.
    purging 10 psi of argon and 55 amps pulsing off my welder

If I had that stead of a hand at 19 years old I could have been a surgeon. That is nice.

i dont even have a liscence or whatever you want to call it. 4 years of highschool welding and 1 year of college welding classes in highschool and i get hired to sanitary weld.

o and i did that all walking the cup no free hand. i dont like sloppy welds. and would create more of a chance for pin holes.

Those pics look nice. I have to use 1/2" ferrules and they almost can't be walked since the flange warping would be crazy. On my maxstar 150, I run 57+/- amps pulsing @ 60 free hand, and if I were to walk it with a 3" long ferrule, I would have a bigger HAZ then that, and a solid red weld when finished.

o and i did that all walking the cup no free hand. i dont like sloppy welds. and would create more of a chance for pin holes.
    Just because you freehand doesn't mean the welds are gonna be sloppy. I can weld either way and would challenge most either way. Now show us the outside of that weld.
    Dynasty 200DX "Blue Lightning"
    Bernard 3500ss water-cooler
    Rockwell vertical mill
    Beverly Shear B-3
    Beverly Shear JR
    Home-made English wheel
    Milwaukee Porta-band
    " Sawz-all
    Tennsmith 36" stomp shear
    Fixer upper 1968 Redface Lincoln sa200
    Powcon 300st

Quote Originally Posted by Country Metals View Post
    Those pics look nice. I have to use 1/2" ferrules and they almost can't be walked since the flange warping would be crazy. On my maxstar 150, I run 57+/- amps pulsing @ 60 free hand, and if I were to walk it with a 3" long ferrule, I would have a bigger HAZ then that, and a solid red weld when finished.
    its unusual to here about ferrules warping we order parts from dixon and i think there roughly 1.25 wide and weldrings are a lil over .25 of an inch. we never have a problem with warping. ill look at the ones we use and get part numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Showdog75 View Post
    Just because you freehand doesn't mean the welds are gonna be sloppy. I can weld either way and would challenge most either way. Now show us the outside of that weld.
    ill get pics of the outside to but it wont be the welds that you saw because i was working in safeway milk and ill be in sanitam river work at a berry processing plant. im just say my welds inside and out are very nice. i walk the cup on all my work.