Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default 1 to 3 foot diameter rings

I am a beginning art welder. I need to figure out how to make or where to buy steel rings 1 to 3 feet in diameter rings from 1 to 2 inch tube or solid stock. I have a 16 ton tube bender but it will only bend to 90 degrees. Yes, I could make 4 90Degree bends and weld them together, but there must be a better way that would not have 4 welds

Thanks

Cool

You need a ring roller to do those or find someone close that has one and have them roll you a few...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

i've used these people a lot over the years. they can provide most anything you need.

http://www.wagnercompanies.com/site/...ticle&rpid=553

this is a link to the elbow site. go to the home page and contact customer service.

if you are into doing one/offs it's better to pay and use someone elses machines rather than have something sitting around collecting dust. just pay and mark it up.

i have made rings buy buying two 180's/no extension and welding them together.

if it's angle, look for a company that sells companion flanges for round pipe. sheet metal blowpipe.

Harbor freight has a roller for pipe/rod that sells for around 150..