Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

thats ok, i didnt get the $500.oo eather, not even a thanks for playing .

thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

No worries Craig and James! As with any good game show, there will be plenty more opportunities to win cash and prizes.

As for not thanking you for playing James, chaulk that up to my lazy patooty. I had penned the reply before I read what you had written and it was easier for me to click Submit than update my reply. You know I am highly grateful for all your input.

Thumbs up Consolation prize

Don't worry, fun4now; there's an upside......

Laiky's buying and I get a 252. What do you want?
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.

don't sweat it. i was just given ya Pooh. i don't feel unappreciated and hurt.
    its all in fun.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    its all in fun.
    Indeed.

A jest in jest is always the best. I don't know what that means, but it just rolled off my fingers and has a catchy rhythm to it.

Now I just need my equipment to arrive so I can show off my mad skilz.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig in Denver View Post
    PS When I started TIG, I watched the pro at the motorcycle shop using 1/16" rod. He made it look easy (sound familiar?). I spent many hours throwing my torch at the garage door, until I tried 3/32". Holy cwap, what a difference! That day, I said to myself; "Hey, I can weld aluminum!"
    I momentarily resurrect this thread in order to award Craig In Denver a $500 prize. (See I told you there would be more opportunities)

I was having trouble adding rod, the "called for" 1/16" giving the thickness of my material, etc. Couldn't get it, couldn't get it. Thought to myself "ok, let's try that 3/32" rod". Bingo. Suddenly I wasn't totally bad. It gave me time to find a rhythm. I used that for a little bit and then went back to 1/16th rod and did much better with it.

And James gets a $500 prize for suggesting the TA185. Nice machine. Someday I may want more (still think the Dynasty DX is teh sxy), but this is a great TIG for me right now and I'm very pleased with it.

And James gets a $500 prize for suggesting the TA185. Nice machine
    great. they just shut off my propane and i could really use it, check's in the mail right.
    i been very happy with my TA-185 also
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    check's in the mail right.
    As far as you know.

If you really do need some money (of course, beyond the $500 in prize money <cough>), I'd be happy to buy that snazzy cover for the TA185 you've got there in your picture. Seriously.

Thumbs up

i shot ya a PM, the wife can make ya one like this only in black.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES