Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Syncrowave DX or Dynasty

Which pulsed tig machine is the better choise for light aluminum fab work?

Dynasty, not even a close comparison....
    Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)

Amen Dynasty rocks

If the pulse feature is all that you are after then either machine will work. It is all of the other advanced squarewave features of the Dynasty that make it a bettery choice overall.

We have a Synchrowave 250 at work that welds great and is a real workhorse. I have a Dynasty 300 at home and it welds great as well but with more adjustability. On the thin stuff you can pulse, soften the arc, widen the arc by changing the balance and on the thicker items you can create more arc force as well as make the weld dig in deeper.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post
    If the pulse feature is all that you are after then either machine will work. It is all of the other advanced squarewave features of the Dynasty that make it a bettery choice overall.

We have a Synchrowave 250 at work that welds great and is a real workhorse. I have a Dynasty 300 at home and it welds great as well but with more adjustability. On the thin stuff you can pulse, soften the arc, widen the arc by changing the balance and on the thicker items you can create more arc force as well as make the weld dig in deeper.

Mike.
    Very good response!

Default Cost must be considered

I don't know it the OP is a company or using this for home garage work.
    So the budget is a consideration for any purchase.
    The Sync might be a bit cheaper up front than the Dynasty.
    The Sync will cost more to run every month than a comparable Dynasty model.

Both will do the job described and much more. What monthly profit margins are you wanting to achieve.
    Live Right Have Fun

XMT350 CV/CC
    22A Feeder
    MM175
    Dynasty 200DX
    TB302
    12vs Extreme
    Hypertherm PowerMax 1000
    20" x 40" CNC Mills (2)
    16" x 60" engine lathe
    65 Ton edwards iron worker
    3/16' x 24" power slip roll
    16' power feed mitering bandsaw
    and other fun toys

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by boudreaux View Post
    Which pulsed tig machine is the better choise for light aluminum fab work?
    The Dynasty is clearly the superior machine for that job... I have owned and used both... I presently have Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner and Dynasty 200DX... and would not trade them...

NOW... as to whether it makes economic sense in your situation.... that is a totally different question and up to you to decide.... But ...purely on your question of the best machine for the job... there is NO CONTEST!!!.... the Dynasty is the best machine based on weld performance and capabilities....

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

I would probably divorce my wife before I would part company with my Dynasty350! and I'm fond of my wife if that tells you how much I love my Dynasty ! ! Neither one is ever leaving unless I trade up for a Dynasty700!!!