Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Miller Sponsored NASCAR Nationwide car for Charlotte race this weekend!

I wanted to inform you all about an opportunity that presented itself late last week.

• Miller will be the PRIMARY sponsor of a NASCAR Nationwide car for this weekend’s races at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
    • The FIRST primary sponsorship by a welding company.
    • The car will be a fully Miller branded car and driven by Mike Bliss of Tri Star Motorsports. The car number will be 19.
    • This opportunity will give us some great exposure to the massive fan base that follows NASCAR. There are at least EIGHT times our car could be seen on national TV. (see schedules below)
    • I have attached the press release by the race team and a rendition of what the car will look like.

Check it out!

Andy

East Coast TV TIMES

5 26 Thurs Charlotte NNS Practice SPEED 2:00 PM

5 26 Thurs Charlotte NNS Final Practice SPEED 5:00 PM

5 27 Fri Iowa NNS Replay SPEED 12:00 PM

5 28 Sat Charlotte NNS Qualifying ESPN2 10:00 AM

5 28 Sat Charlotte NNS Countdown ABC 2:00 PM
    5 28 Sat Charlotte NNS: Top Gear 300 ABC 2:30 PM
    5 29 Sun Charlotte NNS: Top Gear 300 ESPN Replay 4:00 AM
    5 29 Sun Charlotte NNS: Top Gear 300 ESPN2 Replay 4:00 AM

FOR IMMTEDIATE RELEASE
    TRISTAR MOTORSPORTS WELCOMES MILLER® WELDERS TO SPONSOR LINEUP
    Mike Bliss to Pilot the No. 19 Miller® Welders Impala in Top Gear 300
    DENVER, N.C. (May 25, 2011)—TriStar Motorsports is pleased to announce a one-race partnership with Miller® Welders, who’s famous tagline, “The Power of Blue®”, refers to the iconic color of the machinery. Miller® Welders will serve as primary sponsor of the No. 19 Chevrolet Impala with driver Mike Bliss in the Top Gear 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway on May 28, 2011. This partnership will mark Miller® Welders’ first NASCAR primary sponsorship endeavor.
    Headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin and founded in 1929, Miller® Welders has grown from a one-man operation to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding and cutting equipment. Keeping the people as its primary focus and valuing things as integrity, commitment, loyalty, and teamwork, Miller® Welders continues to maintain its global leadership, setting the industry standard for reliability, quality, and responsiveness.
    “It’s an exciting time for us to be able to partner with TriStar Motorsports and Mike Bliss”, stated Andy Weyenberg, Manager of Motorsports Marketing at Miller® Welders. “We believe in Mike’s ability and have worked with him at Xpress Motorsports when he won his NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Championship and then again at the Haas CNC Sprint Cup program. Miller® Welders are used daily at most of these race shops, so when Rick Carpenter brought this opportunity to us, we thought it would be a great way to promote our products to everyone from the casual hobbyist to the hardcore racer.”
    TriStar Motorsports Driver Mike Bliss reiterates Weyenberg’s excitement about the partnership especially at the track where he recorded his last Nationwide Series victory in 2009.
    “It’s an honor to once again work with Andy (Weyenberg) and the entire Miller® Welders organization for this weekend’s race at Charlotte (Motor Speedway). Not only is their equipment first class, they also put a large emphasis on people and commitment which is just one of the many reasons they have a large global presence. I know we will represent them well and will put on a great show for them and the fans.”
    For additional information on Miller® Welders, please visit www.millerwelds.com .
    ABOUT TRISTAR MOTORSPORTS:
    TriStar Motorsports is in its sophomore season of NASCAR Nationwide Series competition. Owned by Oregon native and NASCAR engine builder, Mark Smith, TriStar Motorsports operates out of a facility in Denver, NC and fields three full-time cars in the Nationwide Series. The driver line-up includes, Eric McClure, Mike Bliss, and former Nationwide Series champion Jeff Green.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome! Although I think you guys should have had a blue miller Indy car wizzing around the track instead. :-)
    Or maybe a nascar camping world truck? Trucks do work.
    Miller 330 BPA - Sold
    Miller 180SD Syncrowave - Sold
    Miller Aircrafter 330ST - Sold
    Miller 351 Syncrowave - Sold
    Miller CP-300
    Miller Maxstar 150 STL
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX
    Miller 135 Millermatic
    Miller Spectrum 250D (Now running strong!)

Default I like it!!

And I am glad to see it. Great paint scheme.
    There is nothing better than Miller welders IMO.
    So happy for you guys

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Nascar Driving Experience
    Quote Originally Posted by jontheturboguy View Post
    Awesome! Although I think you guys should have had a blue miller Indy car wizzing around the track instead. :-)
    Or maybe a nascar camping world truck? Trucks do work.
    Yeah that is right. I really love the car either. But the trucks are efficient in camping.
    Last edited by johnstonad; 06-20-2011 at 02:28 PM.