Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Check you hood for "leaks".....hold it up to a light or towards the sun etc.....check to see if any light is coming it around the lens....some have had this problem....another thing about the HF hood is it's short.....what I mean is the bottom part doesn't go down as far as others do so watch the angle of your head.....and a bright colored shirt can reflect under the hood and cause what happened to you.....I have the Northern tool cheap helmet as well as a Hobart....they both work fine the Hobart is more comfortable to wear and is clearer......the NT doesn't need to be turned on so I like that as I have a few times forgot to turn on the Hobart.....no worries as Broccoli stated you are protected in the "clear" stage....
    George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
    Fear is temporary, regret is forever
    HH210 with SG

Good

Fast

Cheap

pick any two.
    TJ______________________________________

Quote Originally Posted by Fat-Fab.com View Post
    Good

Fast

Cheap

pick any two.
    HF = 59.00
    Miller = 109.00

50 bux just to put their name on the hood.

Hop Sing makes both

Quote Originally Posted by Clavacle View Post
    I have a speed glass and I wouldn't use anything else, definetly worth the extra money. Alot of people go with the Harbor frieight $50 and don't have any problems, but I spent the money over three years ago for the speed glass and it's paid for itself more than once over.
    Oh Listen to this Guy!! I Have a Speed Glass 9000x and its the best helment I ever had.
    Its worth the money.
    I BLEED MILLER BLUE!
    DoubleEdgeWelding@kc.rr.com
    GROUNDED IN FAITH!
    I have what my Big Bro JESUS has Blessed me with:
    Miller 251,Miller Syncro 180,Miller 625 Plasma Cutter
    Want to Buy a Miller PC-300
    Dayton 7"x12" Horiziontal Band Saw, Dewalt 14" Abrasive,& Cold Chop Saws,4' Box/Pan Brake,Also A Complete Wood Shop. Now alls I need is a bigger shop!

Optrel---died $250+ 4 years
    HF $49 stillworks
    Miller BWE elete $250 No better than the HF

I have a new Miller that I was worried about getting damaged in the shop so I bought a used one (unknown mfg) at a garage sale for $25. It looked like new so I thought I'd give it a try. It has a push "ON" button on the left outside and a dial to set the dark shade next to it. It has a delay and sensitivity setting on the inside, uses two "AAA's".
    Its now the only one I use, I love it.
    I've seen them at my local welding supply for $67. Grizzly has them for $27 the last time I looked, same hood. Even the headgear is as good as my Miller.
    It has a gold color to it that seems to make the puddle easier to see.
    Go figure.
    David

Hey If you wire driectly from the pole to your welder you cna save a bunch of money on those worthless breakers. Or better yet you could put some foil belween the welder and the leads off the power pole.

Hey are any of you guys related to the guy who built this?? http://www.millerwelds.com/education...ead.php?t=2488

ITS ONLY YOUR EYES! YOU ONLY GET ONE PAIR!

Remember weld damage doesn't show up the next day it takes year.

Hee Hee just messing with Yall. I know these guys are tring to save a buck but do it on something else.
    I BLEED MILLER BLUE!
    GROUNDED IN FAITH!
    Dayton 7"x12" Horiziontal Band Saw, Dewalt 14" Abrasive,& Cold Chop Saws,4' Box/Pan Brake,Also A Complete Wood Shop. Now alls I need is a bigger shop!

Quote Originally Posted by I Bleed Blue View Post

ITS ONLY YOUR EYES! YOU ONLY GET ONE PAIR!

Remember weld damage doesn't show up the next day it takes year.

I know these guys are tring to save a buck but do it on something else.
    So, Miller's 69.00 hood is bad for us?

I would buy the best one you could afford. You can never be too cheap when it comes to protecting your eyes. Some of the Auto Darkening helmets have a hard time adjusting to the light when your looking at the sun.
    I'm known alot people who have Speedglass helmets and love them.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    So, Miller's 69.00 hood is bad for us?
    Hey I can't even believe this is a topic of disscussion. If you can't afford the best maybe they should try wood working I hear its cheaper.Hee Hee
    I BLEED MILLER BLUE!
    GROUNDED IN FAITH!