Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Picture of a Bobcat welder cart?

I have a bobcat and want to build a cart with wheels for it. Does anyone care to list what type of steel shapes that Miller used for example? I will make the wheels removable so for later use in a pickup truck. I have 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" tube steel and some 1/4" plate available for use. Geo.

Default Not exactly a cart

but his is how my Bobcat rolls. It is made on a cut down boat trailer. It is easily moved by hand on a flat surface, towed with a riding mower in the yard, towed by my S-10 on the interstate, or hoisted into and carried in the back of my 3/4 ton. The tires sit forward of the wheel wells of the 3/4 ton, so it doesn't move around(it still get strapped down). Some 3" legs could be added to each corner so it could be used as a skid after removing springs and axle.
    It has worked well for me. It can be taken into smaller areas that larger trailers or trucks can't go, when towed by mower or ATV. The box on front is for rods and other items, and has handles on each side to carry C-clamps. There is room between the rails and Bobcat to carry extra gas cans if needed, also lead wraps on them as well as hose wraps for the torch. The torch cylinders are layed down for on-road transport.The pnuematic tires helps it roll over rough ground better than casters on a cart ever could. Maybe some thing like this may suit your needs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default No Body Else???

It's hard to believe all the views to this thread since I last posted, and nobody else has been able to show Slowhand pictures of a way to make his Bobcat mobil. Is mine the closest thing to a cart that anybody can come up with for a Bobcat? Hey Slowhand have you come up with something for your machine yet? If so, what is it?

Just made this yesterday. 1.5" square frame, 1.5" tube handle. I was planning on making the wheels removable, but didn't. Not really something I need, probably use it as much or more as a generator. Needed to keep it as narrow as possible to fit in this spot in my shop. It has 4 10" fixed tires, and 2 8" swivel tires. Solid tires would have been better, but these were cheap. Rolls pretty easy across the grass.

Here's some decent pictures of the miller stuff

http://cgi.ebay.com/MILLER-TRAILBLAZ...item3f0a21e7f9

2, XMT's 350 cc/cv
    1, BOBCAT 250
    1, TRAILBLAZER 302
    1, MILLER DVI
    1, PASSPORT PLUS
    1, DYNASTY 200 DX
    1, MAXSTAR 150 STL
    1, HOBART CHAMP
    1, HF-251 BOX
    1, S-74d
    1, S-75DXA
    2, 12-RC SUITCASES
    2, 30 A spoolguns

RockMafia, You know the pics you show your BoBcat welder wheel frame, Mine is very close to yours {don't have pics yet** but mine is going to be 54" long to acomodate the bottles for mig welding with it. But I plan on bolting the wheels on as I may use the frame latter on, on a pickup truck and go moble after I retire in a few. Yes the 1 1/2" tube x 1/8 thick is a good choice I thought. It's medium priced and a little more expensive than angle but nice to work with! My basic frame is the tube with 4"x4" x 1/4" th. steel pieces welded at each corner to bolt the wheels to. How much does your frame weigh? Also is your push handle bolted on or welded on to the cart? A few more weeks and I should have it built. The boss likes to work saterdays too. Not much time like I used to have at home.

Mine's thin, less than 1/8. Only other stuff I had was bigger and 1/4 wall or more. Handle is just welded on, so are the wheels.

Default Duals?

Rock mafia are the fixed wheels on your cart in a dual wheel configuration? I can only see one fixed and one swivel wheel in the picture, so I figured the fixed wheels must be side by side underneath, dually style. Is that what it is or was there a typo in the # of fixed wheels? It stands to reason though that duals on the fixed wheels would make moving over grass easier with that much weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bistineau View Post
    Rock mafia are the fixed wheels on your cart in a dual wheel configuration? I can only see one fixed and one swivel wheel in the picture, so I figured the fixed wheels must be side by side underneath, dually style. Is that what it is or was there a typo in the # of fixed wheels? It stands to reason though that duals on the fixed wheels would make moving over grass easier with that much weight.
    There's a 5/8" axle going through 4 of these. Basicly a dually. They were $5 at Northern the other day.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...ct_11949_11949