Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Threaded View

Default Another fine quality job to fix

Just when I thought I had seen it all with the Grand Marquis I'm re-doing, this shows up at my door. This is a home made trailer and for what it is, it wasn't done too poorly until you get to see the axle that for some unexplained reason, it just bent.

"I don't carry any weight on the trailer, so I don't know why it bent, can you fix it?" was the question. When I looked into the back of it there was a ride on lawn mower, a dozen or so 16" truck tires on wheels and at least a dozen or more bundles of shingles stacked up in there. No weight there! Oh, by the way, the frame is all done in 2" x 3/16" angle.

The axle was built by taking a spindle and welding it to a piece of 2" channel (webs facing down) with some angle and mounting it with no springs. He still can't figure out how it bent. I did the repair with a brand new Dexter axle and springs and sent him on his way. Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.