Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rocketeir
    i was told by the dealer i bought the syncrowave 200 that i can use unimix for everything but aluminum.
    Did he know you were TIG welding with the gas? Either way, remember that if he knew how to weld, he'd be making a lot more money as a weldor than as a salesman. C-25 mix has very limited uses, just as ALL gases do. That's why there are so many gases. He's an idiot. You can tell him we said so...

Default ouch

somtimes if your gloves are wet high frq will l burn through(arc through) into your hand
    smokin ana grinnin for 20 years
    Owner MARKS MOBILE WELDING
    trailblazer 302
    hobart suitcase mig
    miller 30a al spool gun
    laramy plastic welder
    brocco cutter
    pipe beveler
    all walter hand tools

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702
    Did he know you were TIG welding with the gas? Either way, remember that if he knew how to weld, he'd be making a lot more money as a weldor than as a salesman. C-25 mix has very limited uses, just as ALL gases do. That's why there are so many gases. He's an idiot. You can tell him we said so...
    Well i hope he knew i was tig welding... he sold me a tig welder... and you say straight argon or the 75 argon/25co2 i have 75 co2/25 argon now that i use for mig

Well i hope he knew i was tig welding... he sold me a tig welder... and you say straight argon or the 75 argon/25co2 i have 75 co2/25 argon now that i use for mig
    100% argon for tig.
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

I didn't know if it was the same trip or not as the TIG purchase. If it wasn't, don't expect them to remember anything.

Like George says, 100% argon for TIG, unless you need a helium/argon mix for rare jobs.

I Live in Ensenada Baja California, around 75 miles south of the border with San Diego

100% Argon for TIG nothing else.

although I have used 100% Argon to MIG weld and what I got was super clean welds (dont know if strong) but clean and nicer looking than the ones I get with Co2
    A C T I O N ! ! !

Default Holy old tread.....

..... I was at rocketeir's last weekend and he was teaching me TIG LMAO!!!!
    Mike
    George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
    Fear is temporary, regret is forever
    HH210 with SG

Quote Originally Posted by 84ZMike View Post
    ..... I was at rocketeir's last weekend and he was teaching me TIG LMAO!!!!
    Mike
    HAHA yea but just so everyone doesnt think im a total moron.. since this post started i have taken and completed the welding technologies program here in NC and made the deans list every semester(sorry guys i had to toot my own horn .lol). as well as got my mig plate cert. and i now work full time as a welder/fabricator working with 99.9% tig on stainless.
    But mike has natural talent give him a few hours of practice he will be on his way.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketeir View Post
    give him a few hours of practice he will be on his way.
    Ur lens must have been dirty or the fumes got to ya...LMAO!!!
    George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
    Fear is temporary, regret is forever
    HH210 with SG

Thumbs up

HAHA yea but just so everyone doesn't think I'm a total moron.. since this post started i have taken and completed the welding technologies program here in NC and made the deans list every semester(sorry guys i had to toot my own horn .lol). as well as got my mig plate cert. and i now work full time as a welder/fabricator working with 99.9% tig on stainless.

bet it seems strange to see your question now.
    i'm just taking a guess but you don't use C-25 to tig any more do ya.
    84ZMike Quote:
    Originally Posted by rocketeir
    give him a few hours of practice he will be on his way.

Ur lens must have been dirty or the fumes got to ya...LMAO!!!

TIG can be frustrating to learn, but if you stick with it in time you will really enjoy it. just keep the practice time short enough to stay fun. if it gets too frustrating do some thing else for a wile and come back to it later.

too many people start out welding by getting a TIG welder thinking thats the one to learn and get frustrated because its not as easy as it looks on TV. keeping in mind a lot of the guys on TV welding cant TIG weld right anyway.
    before long the little coupons will really get boring and you wont want to do it any more. find a simple project to do instead. so what if it turns out bad, its more fun than a lil piece of flat steel and you will learn more from it also. keep it around to remind you later how far you have come.after all we all need a laugh once in a wile. i'll bet rocketeir is thinking its funny to see such a silly question now. but at the time it was a big concern. TIG takes time, don't try to rush it. and don't give up on it. some day you will be really glad you stuck it out and learned to TIG . sounds like you are lucky to have rocketeir close enough to help you out. seeing is a big help, books just cant really explain it the way seeing it can.
    good luck with it and enjoy.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES