Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Welding skid for tb 302g

Sold my sa200 and went blue with no regrets. Set up on skid fabed out of 2 3/8 sch 40 pipe and 4x2 angle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks nice.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Thanks! it took me about 3 hours to build and paint and about $35 left over material from job always helps

Thats awesome, Im literally in the process of designing my own skid for a trailblazer, and believe it or not, I just happen to have about 40 feet of 2" sch40 laying around that it never dawned on me could be used for this... Can I ask you for a pic, or an explanation of the mounting/tie down process you use? Im really un-decided about how im going to lock mine down.. I used to bolt the machine down onto a bracket I had permanently bolted to the bed, but that got in the way too much.
    Also, are you lifting from the eye on the machine or are you forking it in? Im looking to load mine with a gantry.

Nice skid. Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Smith View Post
    Thats awesome, Im literally in the process of designing my own skid for a trailblazer, and believe it or not, I just happen to have about 40 feet of 2" sch40 laying around that it never dawned on me could be used for this... Can I ask you for a pic, or an explanation of the mounting/tie down process you use? Im really un-decided about how im going to lock mine down.. I used to bolt the machine down onto a bracket I had permanently bolted to the bed, but that got in the way too much.
    Also, are you lifting from the eye on the machine or are you forking it in? Im looking to load mine with a gantry.
    I would add a couple extra bottle mounts besides the oxy/acet so you have the option to put a spare oxy/acet or something for mig if needed. That way you don't have to worry about running out when a bottle is low because you have full one on hand.

I would lift off the skid instead of the machine & also leave room under for forks so you have both options.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Mmm, I can smell the new truck just looking at the pics!! Not a bad looking setup. One thing about skids,beds and decks, we're always improving upon our own after seeing someone else's. Just this afternoon I decided to improve the mounts for my machine and gonna feel way more confident on this latest change.
    So why the change from the SA200?

its tied down to the hideaway gooseneck chains

Quote Originally Posted by Cornerstone View Post
    Mmm, I can smell the new truck just looking at the pics!! Not a bad looking setup. One thing about skids,beds and decks, we're always improving upon our own after seeing someone else's. Just this afternoon I decided to improve the mounts for my machine and gonna feel way more confident on this latest change.
    So why the change from the SA200?
    ready for a new welder that had more options the old 200 was limited to only a few things. and let me tell you i dont regret it. the 200 was a really good welder but thats all. i needed something to run jackhammers etc....

Sorry i forgot to tell you that I put a stainless boat hook rated for 15000# in the center of the skid to lift from middle but a d-ring would work to