Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
    The old American Optical Weld-Cool Cobalt blue filter was crystaline and extremely clear and cut out the glare. They were discontinued years ago, so good luck on finding one that is not broken. The new Sellstrom cobalt blue is plastic, and reasonable in price. They are recommended for oxy-gas welding only, where as the OA was true weldor gear.

For me the next best thing is the gold filter. Autodarks don't give me the clarity I want. But over the years I have relied on cheaters. #2 in the hood, and when doing close up work, I wear #2 reading glasses under that.

Good Luck
    Figures this is not the first time I was the last to know about something that would make my life a lot better.LOL !!! The Automatic hoods simply do not work in the environment I work in. Working inside of race car chassis where you are constantly moving your head to see around tubing causes you to sometimes position the hood where there's a tube right in between the sensor and the arc and guess what? You got it ------------> the hood opens up and you're BLIND as a bat! I think they are great for production work but for someone that has to crawl in, under, and around all sorts of obstacles they are expensive junk. I tickles me when I see the younger generation of welders looking at my paper 451P hood like it's some cheap beginners hood. I will say since Jackson bought out Huntsman the hoods have been cheapened A LOT! I have both old original 451P hoods and new ones since Jackson took over and the new ones aren't an improvement! The headgear is JUNK

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner12R View Post
    Figures this is not the first time I was the last to know about something that would make my life a lot better.LOL !!! The Automatic hoods simply do not work in the environment I work in. Working inside of race car chassis where you are constantly moving your head to see around tubing causes you to sometimes position the hood where there's a tube right in between the sensor and the arc and guess what? You got it ------------> the hood opens up and you're BLIND as a bat! I think they are great for production work but for someone that has to crawl in, under, and around all sorts of obstacles they are expensive junk. I tickles me when I see the younger generation of welders looking at my paper 451P hood like it's some cheap beginners hood. I will say since Jackson bought out Huntsman the hoods have been cheapened A LOT! I have both old original 451P hoods and new ones since Jackson took over and the new ones aren't an improvement! The headgear is JUNK
    All of my hoods are "paper" Huntsman save on Miller with a coolband on it, and I too have seen them get cheaper. They still work though for me. The Miller with the grinder in the ratchet, is, well, dumb. Huntsman/Jackson does not make the 711p anymore, and the 411p may not be with us too longer I fear. Looks like they may be on clearout at ENCO for $44.
    http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?P...S_010=404-1527
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw
    6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

SOLD
    If anyone is still looking I dug out 2 #10 gold glass weld cool plates I have been packing around for a few years, no chips or scratiches one in the sleeve.
    Also have 3 plastic gold lenses 1 #10 & 2 #12 new in plastic.
    PM me if interested & I will get back to you.
    I retired from the trade sometime back and have went to auto hood and a poly gold large filter because of my trifocals. Old age is the pits
    If no one is interested I will list them on Fleabay
    Bill in SE Idaho tater fields
    With the proper motivation & given enough time anything can be fixed
    The lenses are as new NO BLEMISHES AT ALL sept for fingerprints
    just listed on fleabay item #181002776892
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bvd1940; 10-25-2012 at 05:13 PM. Reason: pics FLEABAY NUMBER

Default AO safety weld cool lens

I have a slightly used weld cool blue lens shade #10 for sale. I don't use it that much and I'm trying to buy a long range scope for one of my rifles so I might part with it for the right price or trade for a good long range scope or .308 amo. Just thought I would try

@ BVD1940 Are you still looking to sell any of your weld cool lenses? I am just a student, but I can definitely put one of those to good use if I can afford it

or @TigMan30
    Perhaps you may still be selling?

Default Forum Terms

We ask that forum members don't use the forum for buying or selling product or services and those types of transaction and communication be done offline. See our terms of service for a full explanation.

http://www.millerwelds.com/about/terms.html#q

Thank you!