Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Ao weld cool cobalt blue lens

on ebay now! NEW unscratched, no chips or splatter .. shade 12 found in boxes of old welding eqiup... pics on ebay!

Red face availability?

Quote Originally Posted by weldingbands View Post
    on ebay now! NEW unscratched, no chips or splatter .. shade 12 found in boxes of old welding eqiup... pics on ebay!
    Do you still have any american optic cobalt blue lenses for sale?? if not do you or anyone else know where i can find one (preferrably shade #10) for my husband?? please help.... It would be awesome to find this lens for him

I think my friend might have one, but I want to say gold not blue?
    I'll find out.
    Good Luck,
    Bob
    Millermatic 252 w/30A
    Big Blue Air Pak
    Ellis 3000 Band Saw
    Trailblazer 302 Air Pak w/ Wireless Remote
    8-RC
    Dynasty 200 DX
    XMT 350 MPa w/S-74 MPa Plus
    Millermatic 211
    Passport Plus
    Spectrum 625 X-TREME
    Lincoln SA-200 Blue Tint Red Face '63
    2-Lincoln SA-200 Red Face '68
    SA-200 Black Face '59
    SA-200 Green Lite '84
    SA-200 Green Lite '80
    SA-200 Red Face '69
    SA-200 Red Face '66
    SA-200 Green Lite '81
    '70 Black Face Round Barrel

Default Ao weld cool cobalt blue lens

For a shade 10 blue lens I guess it's for tig welding... That's what I use . It is worth 450-550$ .. I have a shade 12 I could sell but I want 375 and it has a little spatter and a chip in the upper left corner none of the blemishes matter you can see great out of it

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
    I think my friend might have one, but I want to say gold not blue?
    I'll find out.
    Good Luck,
    Bob

Thanks for helping bob

Quote Originally Posted by drpipe View Post
    For a shade 10 blue lens I guess it's for tig welding... That's what I use . It is worth 450-550$ .. I have a shade 12 I could sell but I want 375 and it has a little spatter and a chip in the upper left corner none of the blemishes matter you can see great out of it

Well 12's to dark, he really would like a #10 in decent shape

Welderswife

cobalt blue lenses are neither exotic nor expensive Sellstrom makes them in shades #6 and #10 for about $32...

Be aware that blue is not suitable for TIG welding... it will not filter out ultraviolet... the blue was intended to filter out the bright orange of molten metal in a foundry, glassblowers molten glass and some gas welding where an orange sodium flare occurs...

they would be dangerous to the eyes if used for electric arc welding like TIG, MIG or stick, where lots of ultraviolet is produced...

Want to get rid of the Orange Glow? Cobalt Blue products are just what you need!
    Sellstrom now offers cobalt blue protective eyewear, faceshield, welding goggle and 2x4 filter plate lens (in both shade 6 and 10) to meet your unique work environment needs. Cobalt blue products diffuse the orange glow that strong sodium emissions generally produce, allowing the user to see and perform more efficiently. These products would be ideal in gas welding applications for aluminum and cast iron as well as in metal, gas and glass furnace operations. All cobalt blue products meet and/or exceed ANSI Z87.1 Standards.

For more information on any of these new products, feel free to give us a call at 800.323.7402. Product is in stock, ready to go.

http://www.sellstrom.com/news

Shade #10 & #6

http://www.blastlineind.com/ProductD...Code=18S85560B

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Default I may be the wife but I'm not dumb!

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    Welderswife

cobalt blue lenses are neither exotic nor expensive Sellstrom makes them in shades #6 and #10 for about $32...

Be aware that blue is not suitable for TIG welding... it will not filter out ultraviolet... the blue was intended to filter out the bright orange of molten metal in a foundry, glassblowers molten glass and some gas welding where an orange sodium flare occurs...

they would be dangerous to the eyes if used for electric arc welding like TIG, MIG or stick, where lots of ultraviolet is produced...

Want to get rid of the Orange Glow? Cobalt Blue products are just what you need!
    Sellstrom now offers cobalt blue protective eyewear, faceshield, welding goggle and 2x4 filter plate lens (in both shade 6 and 10) to meet your unique work environment needs. Cobalt blue products diffuse the orange glow that strong sodium emissions generally produce, allowing the user to see and perform more efficiently. These products would be ideal in gas welding applications for aluminum and cast iron as well as in metal, gas and glass furnace operations. All cobalt blue products meet and/or exceed ANSI Z87.1 Standards.

For more information on any of these new products, feel free to give us a call at 800.323.7402. Product is in stock, ready to go.

http://www.sellstrom.com/news

Shade #10 & #6

http://www.blastlineind.com/ProductD...Code=18S85560B

Just to let u honey I may only be the wife but I'm not dumb and I be been around the industry long enough to know that the ao (American Optic) cobalt blue lens that I'm looking for and referring to is both highly sought after and "exotic" as u called it. The reason for the high prices on the lenses is bc they are so rare and very hard to come by someone who is even willing to part with theirs! They don't make the original lens I'm speaking of anymore. I'm not looking for a knock off or blue lens googles, I want to find him a true ao cobalt blue shade #10 welding lens that is in good condition

Quote Originally Posted by welderswife8142 View Post
    Just to let u honey I may only be the wife but I'm not dumb and I be been around the industry long enough to know that the ao (American Optic) cobalt blue lens that I'm looking for and referring to is both highly sought after and "exotic" as u called it. The reason for the high prices on the lenses is bc they are so rare and very hard to come by someone who is even willing to part with theirs! They don't make the original lens I'm speaking of anymore. I'm not looking for a knock off or blue lens googles, I want to find him a true ao cobalt blue shade #10 welding lens that is in good condition
    That deserves a virtual HUG...<[welderswife8142]>
    MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
    Just For Home Projects.

Default I assume...

...you saw this?
    MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
    Just For Home Projects.