Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Pro 300

Red face Pro 300

I recently blew 2 boards on My Ranger, I decided rather than fix it to buy a diesel welder, I limited my choices to a Lincoln Classic 300D and the Miller Pro 300D. I weld with 5/32 7018 and gouge with 1/4 carbons all day long. I'm leaning towards the Pro, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thumbs up appearance package

That pro 300 is a sweet machine,Order the apperance package and you be really stylin.
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

If you can swing it, try to arrange a demonstration of each machine. If the salesman really wants to sell one he should set one up.

$.02
    Dynasty 200DX, first generation
    Makita 5" grinder
    Makita 14" abrasive saw
    IR SS5L compressor
    Whole bunch of hand/air tools.
    and a wish list a mile long

I had no problems with my 1st Pro300 so I bought a second and am satisfied with it for what I do, which can be pretty much anything although I likely won't ever do much gouging with it. One concern may be the 7018 arc starts which are not as hot as some other machines although I hear they have a new arc start board which juices them up a bit now. Dig setting 'C' works fine for everything. I appreciate having only one knob to turn for heat and no gearshift to fool with when changing up to bigger rod sizes like on the Classic style Lincolns, which are fine machines too.
    Cheers,
    Chris

PipePro350 SS,Pro300 SS,X-tremeVS,Dynasty200DX,MM251, SA-200 Redface,SA-200 Shorthood,SAE-300