Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Home made ram pump

A farmer friend needed to pump water from a spring to a house on a remote part of his farm, where there was no electricity supply, so I built this ram pump. It uses no electricity or fuel, being powered only by water. It pumps about 1000 liters (200 gallons) per day, to a tank about 30 meters (90 foot) vertically above the pump.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jackjones; 04-19-2011 at 10:03 AM.
    Welding is so much more than a hobby. It is a fun way to earn a living working from home.
    http://www.weldathome.co.za

Default well done

that was no small feat..

How far is the spring from the house? I know you said 90 feet of rise. Do you have any draawings you could email of the design?

Quote Originally Posted by lik2waterski View Post
    How far is the spring from the house? I know you said 90 feet of rise. Do you have any draawings you could email of the design?
    House is about 400' from the pump. 1" black poly pipe connects pump to house tank. Poly pipe had to be buried in a shallow trench all the way to the tank, to prevent mice chewing through the pipe to get to the water. Never did figure out how the mice know there is water in the pipe. See my website for plans.
    Welding is so much more than a hobby. It is a fun way to earn a living working from home.
    http://www.weldathome.co.za