Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Garage Spring Clean Up Scrap That Rented A new Shop

Changed directions and rented a 1500 sqft. shop with 3 phase power...pics on last page.

Well got off my but and got the garage in order. Had to get organized for some up coming projects and make room for a 4X3 CNC plasma table that I will be ordering in a few weeks.

I ran air to where the CNC table will be. I am going to put it where the Jeep hard top is sitting next to the end of the work bench.

Had an Electrician friend come over and install another 50 amp 220v circuit as well as some light fixtures. He is coming back this weekend to install some 110v plugs for the computer station and garage door opener.

Pics of the garage and CNC computer/Surround sound tv gaming station.

Welders/plasma cutter cutter on a cart/workstation work in progress.
    Still need to add a shelf,bottle holders,heavy top, and wire it all up.

What do you think? suggestions are welcome.
    Last edited by r08ert209cali; 06-02-2011 at 11:29 PM.
    Welding Machines I Currently Own
    Miller 211 Autoset
    Miller Diversion 165
    Thermal Arc 95s
    Thermadyne Cutmaster 42

Default Your shop

Man, you ain't gonna have one single thing to complain about as far as working conditions. Nice!
    Professional firefighter (retired). Amateur everything else I try to do...
    Oh yeah: GO BIG RED!

Thats nice. Now all you gotta do is put some power on that bender and some wheels. If you live anywhere near Houston I might need some of that CNC action. I cant see is that a JD model 3?

Quote Originally Posted by travisc454 View Post
    Thats nice. Now all you gotta do is put some power on that bender and some wheels. If you live anywhere near Houston I might need some of that CNC action. I cant see is that a JD model 3?
    I am in CA but can do small stuff. if it fits it ships,lol.

Yes it is a jd2 model 3 and definitely needs the hydro conversion and some wheels to get it out of the way.
    Miller 211 Autoset
    Miller Diversion 165
    Thermal Arc 95s
    Thermadyne Cutmaster 42

Make sure you figure out an exhaust fan setup or your wife will be yelling at you for filling the house with smoke. From the looks of things you have an attached garage?
    Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
    Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125
    Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate

You're wife knows the PS3 does more than just play games right? Shame to push all your toys out in the garage. You've managed to keep a lot more open space than I have. What are the dimensions of your garage?
    MillerMatic 252
    Spoolmate 200
    Diversion 165
    Spectrum 625 X-Treme
    Dayton 6" Miter Band Saw
    Delta Drill Press
    Bosch 10" Table Saw
    Bosch 12" Double Bevel Miter Saw
    Jet 5 Ton Chain Hoist
    Radnor O/A

and this heavy duty table I made

Actually the ps3 and surround sound are extras that where not being used so I figured might as well throw them in the garage. Tv is only 720p and was the same price as a 22" monitor so I figured why not. It is a 32" lcd best buy had for $259. Computer was built for the gun room last year and never used so I threw a decent graphics card in it and windows 7. Messed up and got the 32 bit version. Should have got the 64 bit. Also needto add some more ram.

Cnc will be on a water table to cut down on the mess. Garage is attached. Thinking of running a duct and vent from the central heat and air out there,anyone done this? Garage is sheetrocked and insulated as is the door.

Not sure on diminsions but about 2.5 car garage size. Overhead is a loft which helps alot for storage of seasonal items and junk.
    Miller 211 Autoset
    Miller Diversion 165
    Thermal Arc 95s
    Thermadyne Cutmaster 42

Do you see the big orange exhaust fan?

He has that covered.

But I do not see a fire extinguisher.

I would keep that O/A rig away from that hat water heater.
    Cannot tell if it is electric or gas.
    Last edited by Donald Branscom; 04-14-2011 at 01:33 PM.

I have several fire extinguishers but you are right you can not see them.
    I think I will mount one by every entrance/ exit when I get home. Need to be vissable and accessable at all times. Nice catch.

Oxy accetelyne tanks are about 8 ft away from gas hot water heater in that pic. They will be over by the hard top for their permanent home.
    Miller 211 Autoset
    Miller Diversion 165
    Thermal Arc 95s
    Thermadyne Cutmaster 42

The tig welder doesnt make your monitor go crazy? I've heard of people having problems with electronics too close to em