Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stainless security gate

This is a stainless gate I designed for a marine waterfront business.
    The birds are laser cut.

That sir is beautiful! How did you weld and what did you finish it with?
    Miller 330 BPA - Sold
    Miller 180SD Syncrowave - Sold
    Miller Aircrafter 330ST - Sold
    Miller 351 Syncrowave - Sold
    Miller CP-300
    Miller Maxstar 150 STL
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX
    Miller 135 Millermatic
    Miller Spectrum 250D (Now running strong!)

The owner did part of the welding with 308L stainless electrodes.
    I did the design and layout.
    The finish was just open coat, stick on abrasives 320 grit.

very nice !

Looks fantastic, great design. Well done!

Gord

Quote Originally Posted by gordsgarage View Post
    Looks fantastic, great design. Well done!

Gord
    Very interesting blog Gord.

For the blind I should do a better job of describing the gate.
    The gate is 8 feet tall and 6 feet wide. Vertically oriented.
    It is 2 inch square stainless tubing frame.
    The upper right corner has a round disc to symbolize the sun.
    From behind the sun there are square tubes radiating downwards towards the bottom of the rectangle to look like rays of sunlight.
    Over the top of the tubes that symbolize rays of the sunlight, there are flying birds cut out of stainless steel, different sizes and configurations of flight, that make the gate complete.
    Last edited by Donald Branscom; 04-10-2011 at 03:31 PM.

Beautiful! Well executed!

See... I don't flame everything!

Very nice work!

HAWK

I do have a question regarding the left hand side of the gate. I assume this is where it swings wide and customers can walk through. Maybe the picture angle or maybe something else: It looks out of square. Spacing between the gate and the frame seems narrower at the top and bottom than at the mid section. I am not criticizing your work. I am only wondering if this is the camera angle or what.

Quote Originally Posted by HAWK View Post
    I do have a question regarding the left hand side of the gate. I assume this is where it swings wide and customers can walk through. Maybe the picture angle or maybe something else: It looks out of square. Spacing between the gate and the frame seems narrower at the top and bottom than at the mid section. I am not criticizing your work. I am only wondering if this is the camera angle or what.
    Yes I can see that in the photo.
    Not sure if something was crooked or if it was the photo.
    I designed the gate and placed the parts.
    The owner did the finish welding and installation. He was a perfectionist.
    I cannot go back to look at it anymore because all of those little workshops on that waterfront are gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Branscom View Post
    Yes I can see that in the photo.
    Not sure if something was crooked or if it was the photo.
    I designed the gate and placed the parts.
    The owner did the finish welding and installation. He was a perfectionist.
    I cannot go back to look at it anymore because all of those little workshops on that waterfront are gone now.
    Thanks for checking. It is a fantastic looking piece of work. I absolutely love the 3D effect!!!

HAWK