Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm of the same opinion as Dave (dabar39)

While I appreciate your enthusiasm......From your questions, I do not think that your are in the correct position (experience wise) to be building transport quality products out of Aluminum at this time.

I understand the desire to build trailers etc for one's self, but this is NOT to be done when you are endangering the general motoring public's safety.

Are you ready for the responsibility, either emotional or financial, should one of your trailers fail and cause injury of death.

Did I shock you????

Good. Keep the images of your family and loved ones fresh in your mind while you decide whether to do this or not.

The life that you endanger, may not be your own.

My apologies for being all Gloom 'n' Doom on this topic......This is just no place for beginners.
    Later,
    Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

sorry i thought i mentioned it earlier but my buddy that would help me has built trailers for 20+ years. He prefers tig welding tho. I would just be the sidekick. He would do all the major structural welds, and i would just stick with the easier stuff like welding the mesh on, cutting, prepping, buying the beer etc.. I just don't wanna look like a complete aluminum noobie (which i am) when he shows up.

Well now...............That little bit of information would have been most helpful when generating a response to your original post. I definitely would have been much less aggressive in my attempts to shock you into rethinking your decision.

If your associate is very experienced with Aluminum AND trailers....Then my concerns have for all intents and purposes been more or less eliminated, and my previous post un-neccessary.

All that is left to say is - Enjoy the build.
    Later,
    Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

Jason, we could help with the beer drinking couldn't we??
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]