Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Question Business database??

Anyone know of a good customer, mileage, expenses, invoinces, etc....business tracking database that is user friendly? I'm currently using a few different products and would like to use something that is all in one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

If you want to keep it really simple, and your database isn't that big, then you might try the bargain bin at your local CompUSA, Office Depot, or Office Max. I've seen $9.99 contact management software that includes timekeeping, mileage, billing, etc.

Otherwise, you might try something like ACT!, TimeSlips, or QuickBooks. All have downloadable or online trial versions, run about $200, and pretty simple to use. They also have a lot more features than what you're looking for -- not that you need to get into all those advance features.

Thumbs up Thanks Jonnymag!

Hey man, thanks for the help on this! I'll take a look at the three you suggested. I think I heard a commercial the other day for the Quickbooks, I just couldn't remember the name of it. Thank you

This is what I use.
    http://www.hpjobberonline.com/

Default Microsoft.com

There are some great templates available for free on
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...s/default.aspx

There are databases (if you have Access) as well as pre-written generic forms and documents.

Hope that helps

Default Change over

When is the change over going to happen? I am putting off registering on the motor site because I thought the change would have happened by now. Alot of questions over there should be asked here, but I can not respond because I have not signed up there yet.
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

Quote Originally Posted by tnjind View Post
    When is the change over going to happen? I am putting off registering on the motor site because I thought the change would have happened by now. Alot of questions over there should be asked here, but I can not respond because I have not signed up there yet.
    Just sign up dude...then at the top of the page on the right hand side there is a choice for projects or motorsports...it really couldn't be but just one click different....you'll wonder what in the world you was waiting for

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Yeah, I probably should so they can hate me over there to, spread the love, right.

I did not mean you, only my respnses seem to stir up stuff, unintentional.
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

Quote Originally Posted by tnjind View Post
    Yeah, I probably should so they can hate me over there to, spread the love, right.

I did not mean you, only my respnses seem to stir up stuff, unintentional.
    Well I'm sure you'd fit right in then...if you hadn't noticed the tone is a little different over there

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX