Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Question Maxstar 150STL Trigger Methods.

Page 9 of my Manual describes the process to set the trigger method as below

Trigger Methods Choose between:
    Standard (remote amperage and output control), which is the factory default, or Lift Arc Panel Control (for use without a remote control or with remote amperage but without output control).
    The trigger method that was active when the machine was last turned off will be active when unit is turned back on. To change trigger method, enter set-up mode as illustrated:

I have a RCCS-6M Thumb controller with current control and contactor. Which way should I set the Maxstar to use the RCCS-6M.?

What is the difference between the 2 models, given that it seems both modes will provide remote amperage control?

(It's the with remote amperage but without output control note above the confuses me as I thought remote amperage was output control )

IAppreciate the help - It's working now so I won't mess with it - but I'd like to understand the real difference in the 2 modes. Not knowing things just bothers me

Default Hope this helps......

RCCS stands for Remote Current and Contactor. You should set your Maxstar for Standard mode (the top indicator). Output control determines whether the weld output is on or off. The current control sets the output current from 0 to the setting on the panel.

Best of luck. I hope you enjoy your Maxstar as much as I enjoy mine.
    Triggerman

Ammonia refrigeration tech
    Trailblazer 302 (yes, it's new)
    Millermatic 180 w/Autoset
    CST-250
    HF-15 High frequency
    XR15 w/Push-Pull Gun
    Victor O/A, DeWalt, North mask

"A professional knows what to do. A craftsman knows why."