Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Flat bar ring roller

Hi all,
    A few days ago I asked about a rebar ring roller, it seems that there is not too many plans for a machine to roll rebar rings. So I guess I will make a machine based on the machine it the pictures for rolling rebar rings.

I built the machine to roll flat bar and now I would like to have a machine that would roll round/rebar.

The machine in the pic will bend a 1-1/4x3/8 flat bar into a 12 inch ring or smaller.

Instead of having the rollers in the center I am going to put them on the out side, this way the machine can be made narrower.

What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't ask me to do a dam thing, I'm retired
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Linclon Idealarc sp 200
    Thermodyne Econo-pak50
    Victor O/A tourch.

Keep us posted with photos on your new design. How does the center roller adjust? From the photos the center shaft bearing can not be raised due to the knotch in the side rails. What am I missing.

jim

Cool

Just have someone cut a couple grooves the radius you need in your rollers for round stock, and you can still use it for flatbar. Mine has 2 round grooves and a square one for sq tube...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Quote Originally Posted by Trap Doctor
    Keep us posted with photos on your new design. How does the center roller adjust? From the photos the center shaft bearing can not be raised due to the knotch in the side rails. What am I missing.

jim
    Looks like the bearing blocks are slotted to ride up and down the slots in the side plates. Should work well.

Nice project.

Sorry I have not answered your question Jim. WB5 is correct the bearing blocks do slide up and down in the slots. The bolt through the the bar is what puts pressure on the blocks.
    Don't ask me to do a dam thing, I'm retired
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Linclon Idealarc sp 200
    Thermodyne Econo-pak50
    Victor O/A tourch.