Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default MM210 Race Car Edition

My local dealer has a couple MM210's that are so-called 'race car' models or editions. They were used by nascar race teams for a seaon, have full warranty from factory, and are about 2/3 of new price. Anyone every hear of these?

Garfish

I hear about them on Ask Andy once in a while. I think Mark Martin's stuff was on the block a bit ago. I have yet to actually see any, but I have heard about them.
    Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
    '06 12RC feeder
    Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
    Esab Multimaster 260
    Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Have not seen Millers but I did see a Lincoln Precision Tig 375 that was supposed to have come from Cal Wells when Ricky Craven was his driver.This was according to the LWS.There was even a tag placed on the machine that said so.Of course anyone could make up a tag and story to go with it.

That the machine was used by a nascar team doesn't matter to me really. I don't follow that sport. My concern is whether the crew would have beat the heck out of the 210, because apparently Miller gives them a new set of machines every year. I suspect the Miller techs are johnny-on-the-spot with fixing/upfitting these machines when they are in use by nascar. The nascar connection doesn't matter.

Thanks,

Garfish

Can't imagine that they would use the machine any different than any other pro welder. And with full warranty it sounds like a good deal to me. I would take the chance except I have mine.

What places have these for sale? Are they rough looking? I wouldn't mind buying one. Is the MM210 the only machine they sell like this?