Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: different day

Default different day

My day isn't always steel fab work although there were a couple brackets I made for corners but while I was building trailers the place piled up with empty boxes, I have about 60 and most very rickety so I scrounged up a nailer, cut about 200 boards for repairs, tighten post bolts and am re-nailing the boxes as they come thru. They dint get used much anymore to get beaten up but decent ones were few and far between.
    I mark the finished ones after they are done, I try to keep up on it but was busy, I make production line when it makes sense, this time I do about 15 of them. Sawzall with demo blade first, wrecking bar, skil saw, then replace boards all at once, tack in, tighten/replace any bolts, sweep up trash and they are ready to get the ear muffs on and nail. Bottom first, flip upright, nail inside bottom, rack until square and nail sides. Mark with tape. I have about 20 full of wood might have to wait till next year but I am servicing them all, have even chopped some real shoddy ones up and run them thru the wood stove.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My mother was taking my son for a walk, he found the maze with his trike and he had a blast.

Default Long Time...

sberry,

Hey man. It's HAWK. I like your wire fill. Run like it matters and you do!

In sticking with the post topic: Nice stack of pallets. It looks like your boy is having at least as much fun as you are!!!

Still running all that yellow stuff. ESAB has some nice stuff. So what are you tigging with these days?

Lots of questions and comments. i am just trying to catch up with folks that ran the board when i was around.

HAWK

I think Dan and Don are the yellow guys, so far red white and blue. When I got on to the boards I kept hearing about all this "cold lap" and I thought wtf? haha I always say,, you never see a cold hole burnt in it,,, kind of like paint, never a dull run. Glad to see you back, I think you were kind of pulling out as I come on to the board.

Default Sounds about right...

I was not pulling back by choice. I had a 21 year marriage/divorce, a broken back, and other issues to contend with other than the forum-unfortunately. i like your comments on cold lap. Thanks for the welcome back.

I hope things are coming around, sounds like you have/had hands full. I got a pretty wide row myself.
    As for the fusion cold lap issue, personally I think the charts on the machines add to the problems as well as rating machines by thickness ability. The settings need to be up one whole range for me with the exception of critical vert up for appearance. I tune a machine when it makes time sense and for thickness generally ,, to some extent, those machine settings are used when I got a big ole gap, otherwise cranked to the point its about all I can do to keep from melting thru.