Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

2mcuh2do,
    don't be stupid, elmer's glue won't work, Dave is MUCH better than that!
    I was thinking Gorilla glue !!!!
    Dave, is he paying you for all your labor? Seriously, I would have just painted the car, that's all you'd be associated with. Of course, knowing you and he IS an old friend, I wouldn't want him to get hurt either, and would do what you are doing! Thanks for the pics, keep 'em coming, and God Bless
    bert
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Default Got the right side part way done today

Given the time frame (less than 30 days) and materials at hand, I came up with what I thought would be functional, yet fairly quick set up for the front end. I started welding it up tonight and will still make some caps and maybe another gusset or two, but here's what I got so far.

If any one has any ideas or suggestions I'm all ears. Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dabar39; 01-23-2008 at 10:57 PM.
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

that definatly looks better than it did before.

Wow Dave,

You get all the "Good" jobs. Not much I can say that hasn't already been said. You know my position on this kind of work being done by amateurs & fools. 'Nuff said.

I realize that you are on a budget, and have time constraints, but if you are looking for ideas on how to get this rig done and functional, take a few minutes to surf around Kelderman's site for the different suspension brackets, and crossover steering on the Fords. It may help.

http://www.keldermanairride.com/lift-kits/

Top left corner - Lift kits.

If you had leaf springs on all 4 corners, I could send you in a different direction:

http://www.gearztv.com/index.php?em2...2463=&ek=97442

Check out the custom drop brackets on Sgt. Rock. It may give you and idea on how to tackle the back end without having to fab up either a Hotchkiss or 4-link w/Panhard bar setup.

Front end, you're still looking at longer radius arms to get the axle to swing in the correct arc to make everything work.

Don't forget to keep checking your u-joint angles & keep them in range.

Good luck.
    Later,
    Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

2much2do
    If you're going to learn how to weld, don't learn on something you plan on driving down the highway.

i don't think he is trying to learn. i suspect he thinks he is a great welder. most likely welding on all his friends car's and trucks as well. this cant be a one time thing. this guy is all about stupid.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default wow what an artist

Wow this guy has talent. I really like the use of the plate steel and the angle iron....

i don't think he is trying to learn. i suspect he thinks he is a great welder. most likely welding on all his friends car's and trucks as well. this cant be a one time thing. this guy is all about stupid.[/QUOTE]

That's just scary. I'm really surprised safety inspections aren't required for home built or heavily modified vehicles like that, and if there is, I'm really surprised that turd slipped past.

Default latest update

I got to do some more work on this behemoth today and the more I cut out the scarier it got. I can't for the life of me figure out how this thing hadn't come apart and killed somebody yet.

I cut everything out on the drivers side and got it all cleaned up. Here's a few more pictures of how it was. Dave

Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

a few more of the pieces I cut off

i'm really surprised that thing stayed together long enough to make it to your yard. no way he could have driven it in the mud or.....well anywhere really.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES