Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Default Why stupid people shouldn't breed or buy welders

Here I am sitting in the bar drinking my beer, minding my own business and up comes a buddy I hadn't seen in a while. He tells me he just got a real good deal on a 93 Mercury Grand Marquis sitting on a set of 44's. Asks me about painting the car for him to take out to mud-fest next month. Like a fool, I say sure, no problem, bring it over and I'll do it up for you.

First things first, never agree to do anything sight unseen and never under any circumstance agree to anything while you are sipping on Tuaca and drinking Bud.

Now here comes the part about the title of this thread. The guy that "built" this thing apparently has a.) never fabricated anything before and b.) apparently never welded before. I've loaded a few pictures for your viewing pleasure and as I cut out all the crap and re-do it all I'll update the thread. Pay close attention to the springs, the drag link and especially to the tie rod end Enjoy the sights and please send some pity my way. Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Default a few more pictures

don't laugh too hard.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Talking

well you are already painting it, so just add a little bondo and it will be good to go right. whats the saying ?? bondo and paint make a welder what he ain't. LOL this guy needs more than that. i would just give up and send it back. would be essayer to start from scratch then fix it.
    you said don't agree wile sipping on Tuaca and drinking Bud, this guy must have had a lot in him to think it was a good deal. and the maker ??? keep the tires and scrap the rest......... how's the radio ???

if it was free it would not be a good deal.

i'm suprised he didnt just weld the springs right to the frame.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

waoooooooowwww,I need the part number of the rod end , haaaaaaaaaa,

I just refuse a job yesterday ,you know , the box of the truck was stopping the whole frame to break in 2 parts , thanks god , I look at it before .

Bobby
    FABRICATION-CRÉATION K ZEN

MILLERMATIC 210
    SPOOLMATE 3035
    SYNCROWAVE 200
    HYPERTHERM 360

I was the one sipping Tuaca and drinking Bud when I agreed to do the paint and body work. After seeing the rest of it I have no choice but to cut out all of the crap and basically start over cause my name is going to be associated to it. If I re-do the suspension to where it looks good and is functional, it should bring me a ton of work. Last year at Mud-Fest there was over 90,000 people that showed up for the week end. I'm sure this car is going to gain some attention while he's there for the week end.

Purdy......real purdy........so purdy Dabar took pics
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Taking sh*t stacking to heights never before seen".
    "smokin' joints for 19 yrs."

A.A.S. Weld Tech.

AWS CWI 08011711

Thanks for sharing the dog's breakfast manufacturing company. I thought I was the only one who saw crap like that once in a while. I always like to see project first before I do it. I get real suspicious when they say OH its only a few small cracks or the classic, I don't think it's a big job & it won't take long. Good luck on that job.

The only way that was a deal for him is if he only paid 25% of scrap price.

What amazes me is how well the oil pan still looks with that mess right underneath it unless its a new pan.

Thats another good reason not to drink, met my first wife in a bar, gave up drinking

Good luck Dave
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Talking

Thats another good reason not to drink, met my first wife in a bar, gave up drinking

thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES