Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by BC Iron works View Post
    im not going to bring up a pic at a time
    if miller cant up date this site im going
    to buy lincoln

That was actually my fault, I hit "insert in row" or something like that. I did not realize that meant it was going to post the pics like that. Oops!

Thanx Hawk, I guess I need to become a better photographer if I want to showcase my work, or at least make sure you can see it. HA HA, just what I need another hobby.

7A749, thanx. Nice carts, I like the saw cart design, thats cool. looks like a little receiver for attaching a roller stand? I like that idea, I will have to keep it in mind when I finally get a saw. One step at a time. Right now I am using a chop saw for most things and a grinder for anything the chop saw doesn`t like to cut. New set of torch bottles planed soon. thinking of going LP gas, only gotta buy one bottle that way and I only cut and heat anyway.

I hope to get the welder back on today so when I do I will post more pics.

Quote Originally Posted by crawler30 View Post
    Thanx Hawk, I guess I need to become a better photographer if I want to showcase my work, or at least make sure you can see it. HA HA, just what I need another hobby.

7A749, thanx. Nice carts, I like the saw cart design, thats cool. looks like a little receiver for attaching a roller stand? I like that idea, I will have to keep it in mind when I finally get a saw. One step at a time. Right now I am using a chop saw for most things and a grinder for anything the chop saw doesn`t like to cut. New set of torch bottles planed soon. thinking of going LP gas, only gotta buy one bottle that way and I only cut and heat anyway.

I hope to get the welder back on today so when I do I will post more pics.
    Look forward to seeing it all done & set up. Yeah, the saw cart's square tube is for roller stands (I have yet to make). Since cutting a bunch of stuff with it, it's not so pretty anymore.

As I mentioned on WW, keep an eye out for a selector switch. You'll love it, makes things so easy.

Oh, you can use a hosting site like tinypic.com & post up the pix so they are visible without hitting on a link button. Not too difficult (I can do it )

Thanks for the pics!! Keep 'em coming.
    Last edited by 7A749; 03-30-2011 at 09:27 AM.
    So you're telling me...You're not nostalgic? Then, give me another word for it......

Quote Originally Posted by BC Iron works View Post
    im not going to bring up a pic at a time
    if miller cant up date this site im going
    to buy lincoln
    Seems like a silly reason to buy Red crap.

Nice carts guys.
    Last edited by big mike; 04-01-2011 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HAWK View Post
    crawler30,

I guess it is fine. i can't really give you much feed back as the photos are too dark to see much. The black definitely does NOT cut it. Gotta go blue! Shed some light and I'll give ya some feedback.Ii am almost 50, welded most of my life, and have a hard time seeing anything without a good arc and 2.5+ cheater.

Good Luck

HAWK
    Wait a few more years and you'll be upgrading those 2.5+ cheaters to 3.5+'s!!! and looking for shades less than 9 especially for low amp TIG.

Believe me I'm there!!!
    Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
    Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125
    Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate

Crawler30,
    Nice job on the cart!

What I especially like about it is the way you dropped the frame in the rear to lower the bottle platform. Those 330's can get mighty heavy after 10 or 12 hours of work, it's nice to not have to lift them very high. I had to make a cart in a hurry for a 300 amp Scott-Tarbell power supply and didn't have time to make a fancy dropped frame and was limited on what I had on hand for wheels so I made a hinged ramp so I can roll my bottle up on the cart. I like yours better!!!
    Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
    Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125
    Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate

Thanx Blondie, I thought about some kind of drop down ramp for the bottle but figured it was easier to just lower the frame rails. I originally wanted a bit more ground clearance for a rough drive way but am happy with the way it turned out.
    I meant to post pics sooner but closed on my new house and have been moving, still am somewhat. But I did get a chance today to take some more pics so here they are. Hopefully they will post right so I cant be blamed for someone else turning red.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for sharing.It's great

Much better!! Now we can see what is what.

[QUOTE=7A749;262077]The old pix did it no justice.

Looks really nice now that it can be completely seen.

The cord wrap I was referring to is the same thing you wind up your lead on, just for the cord that plugs in to the wall. Didn't know if you had it directly connected to a power box or with a long cord you can connect to several outlets.

I have been pricing the solid tires too for something I'm working on & yes, they are pricey.

The phenolic wheels I mentioned look like the ones in the following pix. They are the rear wheels. They can be purchased as the wheel alone, these came from ebay & were quite reasonable. They are very durable. I happen to like them better than anything else I have used in the past.

Good looking cart. Glad you posted the new pics.

Hi Steve,

I recognize this cart. It is very well made and heavy sob.

Charles
    Millermatic Passport Plus
    Millermatic 200

Millermatic 350P with Python
    XMT 304 /w S-64 feeder and 12VS
    Dynasty 300 DX
    Thermal Arc 400 MST
    Victor O/A
    Premier Power Welder for my trail junk.