Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mig guns

Quote Originally Posted by nfinch86 View Post
    Blondie;

Busy is good, It sure beats Not being busy . lol .

.........Norm
    Yes Norm it sure does! Better than last year at this time wondering where the next job was coming from. I hope you're busy as well and I hope all the guys/gals on this forum are busy enough to keep the bills paid.
    Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
    Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125
    Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate

Quote Originally Posted by jelias View Post
    Check your LWS we go through gts/welco for everything and they were able to come up with a conversion for all of our guns.
    I've already been that route. The problem is I have an old machine which makes the search difficult. My welding supplier has tried everyone including Miller and no one makes an adapter to convert the new style Miller guns to the old Millermatic 35's. I have a machine shop and have access to CNC machines, I just don't have time to sit down and draw what I need so I can either make it or have it made yet.
    Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
    Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125
    Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate

Default If you can't convert easy, go on EBay

I picked up a 15' Q300 Bernard gun on EBay for $100.00 last summer. If you can easily convert an old gun on an older machine, then just get a whole new gun. As long as it has the Miller End on it, it should hook up. The Q300 was a nice upgrade to the MM200.

The biggest problem I have had with the Q300 is finding some replacement parts online and at the LWS. I found nozzels at one source online and the CenterFire Tips at another online source. My biggest problem has been trying to find the Jump Liners for the gun. Few if any online have the jump liners available as SINGLES, most only will sell in sets of 5 or 10. My LWS is doing the same thing too. I don't weld 24/7 and a set of 10 Tips will last me for years. The same can be said for the liner and jump liner in the gun. I have 2 of the 3545 Jump Liners but am having trouble finding the 2330 jump liners. AirGas will sell me 10 but I don't need that many.
    '77 Miller Bluestar 2E on current service truck
    '99 Miller Bobcat 225NT for New Service Truck
    '85 Millermatic 200 in Shop

'72 Marquete 295 AC cracker box in Shop
    '07 Hypertherm Powermax 1000 G3 Plasma Cutter in Shop
    Miller Elite and Digital Elite Hoods

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie_486 View Post
    My welding supplier has tried everyone including Miller and no one makes an adapter to convert the new style Miller guns to the old Millermatic 35's.
    All is not lost. http://weldmart.com/migguns/migguns.htm ...Bob
    http://www.weldmart.com/store/Miller35miggun.htm
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

I converted my M25 to a Bernard Centerfire front end and it works great. Bernard has a kit that makes the conversion. Call them for details.

I got a Q300 on eBay for $125 and use it on my MM200. Great upgrade and not too costly. A consumable kit with insulator ring and 2 nozzles for my Milker gun was almost the same price.

My only complaint about the Q is the trigger size. Its large and quite easy to unintentional hit while handling the gun.