Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rig Hand View Post
    Where did you get those miller clamps? Is that something you can order separate?

I'd like to slot mine as well.
    Thanks! Yeah I ordered it seperately through my LWS. It was around 40 bucks.

Great job on the table but couldn't help but admire the rest of the cave. The old Lincoln in one pic, resto project? Bob.

Smile Well thought through...

jbyrd,

Very nice work. Only one comment: Have you given any thought to using square tube to brace left to right and front to rear? It will cut out most underneath storage and may not be necessary in your situation. I guess only use and laziness are true mothers of invention. No matter what-that is a KICK A*SS welding table! Very very sweet. Great craftsmanship!!!
    Last edited by HAWK; 03-26-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornerstone View Post
    Great job on the table but couldn't help but admire the rest of the cave. The old Lincoln in one pic, resto project? Bob.
    Yeah its an Red Face SA-200 I picked up a month ago for 200.00. The prior owner stored it outside for 5 years with a coffee can over the exhaust... only problem is that the top of coffee can rusted out and water got into the cylinders. I am slowly trying to free her up now to rebuild the motor. It is all complete, all sheetmetal is in primo condition. Pretty happy with my find.

I have so many irons in the fire I may have to start another fire to hold more irons.

Quote Originally Posted by HAWK View Post
    jbyrd,

Very nice work. Only one comment: Have you given any thought to using square tube to brace left to right and front to rear? It will cut out most underneath storage and may not be necessary in your situation. I guess only use and laziness are true mothers of invention. No matter what-that is a KICK A*SS welding table! Very very sweet. Great craftsmanship!!!
    I definetly considered a lot of different bracing ideas, but in the end I built it with as much free space underneath as possible and figured if it wasnt sturdy enough after I built it then I could add bracing as needed... It is dang sturdy so I doubt it will need it. I love all the free space underneath there. I can even fit a futon underneath there for when I get into trouble. Nicest dog house in the neighborhood.

I could only add that I would like to see a rib support from left to right and front to back. Just to prevent the typical sag as the center weight causes it to bow in the middle as it ages and is used.

Very nice piece, might have to build onesimilar to that for myself.

Peace,
    Paul

thats nice. how much did the plate run you? ive been wanting to build a table too but the price of plate scares me.

Quote Originally Posted by jbyrd View Post

I love my old Airco. Other than the cost of adding a 100amp service just for the welder! That thing is a welding beast.
    I use an old Airco at work. Pretty good old machine.

Very nice table.
    50 sq. feet x 20.4 lbs per square ft. WOW. Very solid.

If there is a quake just get under it.

Great job, I need one! I really like the slots and dog-clamp arrangement. This table looks ideal to jig frames and other jobs needing a true surface to work off. Let us know how you get on with using it.