Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Dripping funnel?? Problem solved!!

I was always tryin to figure out what to do with thos funnels after you used them they would drip for 20 min. So GOD came up with this as a solution after much prayer. Here's some Pictures of what I built.

Tell Me what yall think?? beats putting them in a bucket full of rags?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I BLEED MILLER BLUE!
    DoubleEdgeWelding@kc.rr.com
    GROUNDED IN FAITH!
    I have what my Big Bro JESUS has Blessed me with:
    Miller 251,Miller Syncro 180,Miller 625 Plasma Cutter
    Want to Buy a Miller PC-300
    Dayton 7"x12" Horiziontal Band Saw, Dewalt 14" Abrasive,& Cold Chop Saws,4' Box/Pan Brake,Also A Complete Wood Shop. Now alls I need is a bigger shop!

At a gas station I worked at we would put the funnel into a 5gal bucket to drain....once it was full farmers would buy them for $5 each....I asked one of them what the **** he did with it......weeds, oil heater, and to run in his tractor that leaked more oil in a day than he could afford to put in it.....and he also added "**** for $5 the buckets worth that"
    George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
    Fear is temporary, regret is forever
    HH210 with SG

How about a paper towel. If you leave your oily funnels open to shop dust etc
    it just goes in with the oil next time. Clean funnels and put away properly. My $.02
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

monte55
    it just goes in with the oil next time. Clean funnels and put away properly. My $.02

i'm with monte55 on this one. i get so much dust and cr-p flying around in the air. between welding and wood working in the shop, the funnel would be full and unusable when i went to get it.
    nice storage idea though.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    I just give them a quick rinse with this. But I don't want the to do it when I just ran oil thr them because it will put to much oil in my parts washer. so this way I just put a little dust and oil in my parts washer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I BLEED MILLER BLUE!
    GROUNDED IN FAITH!
    Dayton 7"x12" Horiziontal Band Saw, Dewalt 14" Abrasive,& Cold Chop Saws,4' Box/Pan Brake,Also A Complete Wood Shop. Now alls I need is a bigger shop!

Quote Originally Posted by I Bleed Blue View Post
    I was always tryin to figure out what to do with thos funnels after you used them they would drip for 20 min. So GOD came up with this as a solution after much prayer. Here's some Pictures of what I built.

Tell Me what yall think?? beats putting them in a bucket full of rags?
    You had to pray to come up with this?

I can think of a lot of better things to bother an omniscient being with, poverty war, why christians and muslim's fight?
    TJ______________________________________

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Fat-Fab.com View Post
    You had to pray to come up with this?

I can think of a lot of better things to bother an omniscient being with, poverty war, why christians and muslim's fight?
    You know thats the beauty of a GOD that is my Father. HE cares about everything I want to talk to HIM about. My daughter could call me a talk to me about anything, even the color of shoes she's going to wear that day. I love hearing her voice, Just Like my FATHER in heaven likes hearing mine. Thats the difference between a Religion & a Relationship. Religion makes feel like I'm bothering. Relationship means HE cares about everything I have to say.
    I BLEED MILLER BLUE!
    GROUNDED IN FAITH!

Uh, dumb question, but don't they still drip? Only now they all are going to be as nasty as the top one? But good storage idea.
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

Quote Originally Posted by I Bleed Blue View Post
    You know thats the beauty of a GOD that is my Father. HE cares about everything I want to talk to HIM about. My daughter could call me a talk to me about anything, even the color of shoes she's going to wear that day. I love hearing her voice, Just Like my FATHER in heaven likes hearing mine. Thats the difference between a Religion & a Relationship. Religion makes feel like I'm bothering. Relationship means HE cares about everything I have to say.
    What ever floats your boat. If talking to the wall makes you feel connected to a god you go man go.

I'll not argue spirituality with you on a welding forum. Conversely I'll not put my spirituality in your face.
    TJ______________________________________

so your'e saying you funnel the dripping funnel, in to a funnel,that drips into a funnel,followed by a funnel that gets funneled into a funnel that drips into a cup .

........you need more funnels
    Last edited by welderman23; 01-18-2008 at 04:06 AM.
    my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
    feel free to P/M me