Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Question Dripping funnel?? Problem solved!!

I was always tryin to figure out what to do with thos funnels after you used them they would drip for 20 min. So GOD came up with this as a solution after much prayer. Here's some Pictures of what I built.

Tell Me what yall think?? beats putting them in a bucket full of rags?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I BLEED MILLER BLUE!
    DoubleEdgeWelding@kc.rr.com
    GROUNDED IN FAITH!
    I have what my Big Bro JESUS has Blessed me with:
    Miller 251,Miller Syncro 180,Miller 625 Plasma Cutter
    Want to Buy a Miller PC-300
    Dayton 7"x12" Horiziontal Band Saw, Dewalt 14" Abrasive,& Cold Chop Saws,4' Box/Pan Brake,Also A Complete Wood Shop. Now alls I need is a bigger shop!

At a gas station I worked at we would put the funnel into a 5gal bucket to drain....once it was full farmers would buy them for $5 each....I asked one of them what the **** he did with it......weeds, oil heater, and to run in his tractor that leaked more oil in a day than he could afford to put in it.....and he also added "**** for $5 the buckets worth that"
    George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
    Fear is temporary, regret is forever
    HH210 with SG

How about a paper towel. If you leave your oily funnels open to shop dust etc
    it just goes in with the oil next time. Clean funnels and put away properly. My $.02
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

monte55
    it just goes in with the oil next time. Clean funnels and put away properly. My $.02

i'm with monte55 on this one. i get so much dust and cr-p flying around in the air. between welding and wood working in the shop, the funnel would be full and unusable when i went to get it.
    nice storage idea though.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    I just give them a quick rinse with this. But I don't want the to do it when I just ran oil thr them because it will put to much oil in my parts washer. so this way I just put a little dust and oil in my parts washer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I BLEED MILLER BLUE!
    GROUNDED IN FAITH!
    Dayton 7"x12" Horiziontal Band Saw, Dewalt 14" Abrasive,& Cold Chop Saws,4' Box/Pan Brake,Also A Complete Wood Shop. Now alls I need is a bigger shop!

Quote Originally Posted by I Bleed Blue View Post
    I was always tryin to figure out what to do with thos funnels after you used them they would drip for 20 min. So GOD came up with this as a solution after much prayer. Here's some Pictures of what I built.

Tell Me what yall think?? beats putting them in a bucket full of rags?
    You had to pray to come up with this?

I can think of a lot of better things to bother an omniscient being with, poverty war, why christians and muslim's fight?
    TJ______________________________________

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Fat-Fab.com View Post
    You had to pray to come up with this?

I can think of a lot of better things to bother an omniscient being with, poverty war, why christians and muslim's fight?
    You know thats the beauty of a GOD that is my Father. HE cares about everything I want to talk to HIM about. My daughter could call me a talk to me about anything, even the color of shoes she's going to wear that day. I love hearing her voice, Just Like my FATHER in heaven likes hearing mine. Thats the difference between a Religion & a Relationship. Religion makes feel like I'm bothering. Relationship means HE cares about everything I have to say.
    I BLEED MILLER BLUE!
    GROUNDED IN FAITH!

Quote Originally Posted by I Bleed Blue View Post
    You know thats the beauty of a GOD that is my Father. HE cares about everything I want to talk to HIM about. My daughter could call me a talk to me about anything, even the color of shoes she's going to wear that day. I love hearing her voice, Just Like my FATHER in heaven likes hearing mine. Thats the difference between a Religion & a Relationship. Religion makes feel like I'm bothering. Relationship means HE cares about everything I have to say.
    What ever floats your boat. If talking to the wall makes you feel connected to a god you go man go.

I'll not argue spirituality with you on a welding forum. Conversely I'll not put my spirituality in your face.
    TJ______________________________________

so your'e saying you funnel the dripping funnel, in to a funnel,that drips into a funnel,followed by a funnel that gets funneled into a funnel that drips into a cup .

........you need more funnels
    Last edited by welderman23; 01-18-2008 at 04:06 AM.
    my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
    feel free to P/M me

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by welderman23 View Post
    so your'e saying you funnel the dripping funnel, in to a funnel,that drips into a funnel,followed by a funnel that gets funneled into a funnel that drips into a cup .

........you need more funnels
    Wow I figured I would just put the oily one on the bottom. Didn't look at it like that. But hey my wife thought it was cool. So thats all the matters Right
    I BLEED MILLER BLUE!
    GROUNDED IN FAITH!