Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Has this happened to you?! ouch

Layed my gun over a piece of tubing today after welding two 20' sections of angle together w/ flux core wire,,,,,Forgot to move my flippin leg though,,,,,wire went straight through my pants burned a nice round whole in my skin and cauterized itself instantly,,,,,,,,Can someone guess what my next word was?????
    I honestly believe Id rather smash fingers than do that again.
    Hey !!!!!!!!!Ur on flippin fire man

NO ****,,,,,tell me somethin I didnt know

I bet you said in a real calm voice, oh darn

Never did that but I was sitting at my table, chipping slag and a piece fell in my lap, didn't know it until something felt awfully hot.
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Cool

OUCH. Been there done that. I was tig welding some SS tubing high up in the air and lunch came. I threw the torch over the rail and it swung down and the hot tungsten stuck right in my leg. Yahoo did it burn, right now too...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Only thing that might be worse is slag in the eye

I was doing some piddling the other day at home with my Maxstar had just finished a short bead with some 3/32 7018 had the work clamp in one hand and layed the electrode end up on my vise the hot end of the rod swung down and got my wrist and the work clamp at the same time ... I feel your pain.....I have never gotten the hot wire treatment, but have run cold wire into my finger tips many times....
    George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
    Fear is temporary, regret is forever
    HH210 with SG

Ok,,,,I hate a messy shop,,,,,This just happened today as well,,,was a bad day,,,,,,,,, Ever tripped over a big ball of wire where someone did a spool change. Cant win for losin,,,,,,,,,,is it 5:30 yet

was welding 1/8" 7018 in overhead position with leathers on, flipped up hood and proceeded to chip of flux, . dang hot flux landed on my neck at top of leathers .... ouch.

Been burned like that a million times. Worst...no dumbest one was when I was welding sheetmetal studs on the side of a building and my leg started itching something fierce. I was certain something was boring in and laying eggs. So, after finishing my bead, I reached down with the stinger and scratched my leg with the still glowing rod end!!! Never did that again.

I also chipped some fresh 7018 slag at eye level without glasses. Slag hit me in the corner of the eye and burned itslef into the corner of my eyeball and ele lid. Piece of slag was the size of a dime. Took out my tear duct and everything. Most of it grew back and healed up fine. Never did that again either.

Just remember....that what doesn't kill you will make you stronger...or at least smart enough not to do it again.
    Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
    '06 12RC feeder
    Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
    Esab Multimaster 260
    Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

LOL, I was cipping slag with my glasses on and it hit me in the corner of my eye. It stuck in too... The more I tried to dig it out, the further it went in. I went home on that note.... I chip with the hood on now.
    They don't call me Lucky for nothin'.

, I was cipping slag with my glasses on and it hit me in the corner of my eye. It stuck in too... The more I tried to dig it out, the further it went in. I went home on that note.... I chip with the hood on now.
    perhaps ya need to rethink your site name.................... .maybe not come to think of it how's the eye now ??
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES