Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default snap on muscle mig mm250sl

hey guys thinking on trading in my power mig in for the snap on muscle mig 250sl what is your guys thoughts on this mig? thanks.

I have had one for 10 years now. Never had any problems with it. I have the spoolgun too. But i will admitt the only reason i bought this machine over a miller was the fact that i could pay it off on my snap on account. I just didnt have the cash to buy the miller outright. If you have any other questions just ask.

Never seen a "Snap-On" welder of any flavor that represented a "value".

Generally overpriced and under capable when compared to Miller, Lincoln, ESAB, etc.

Only reason I can see that people buy them is because they don't have the cash/credit to buy elsewhere.

I guess there are guys out there who like supporting the Snap-On Man's 100K salary.

PS. Try getting replacement parts a few years down the road.
    Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
    Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
    Hobart HH187
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
    Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
    PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
    Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
    Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
    More grinders than hands

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SundownIII View Post

I guess there are guys out there who like supporting the Snap-On Man's 100K salary.

PS. Try getting replacement parts a few years down the road.
    My buddy has that welder and spoolgun. I laugh when he buys tips for his spoolgun at 5 bucks each when i am paying .50 cents each...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo64 View Post
    hey guys thinking on trading in my power mig in for the snap on muscle mig 250sl what is your guys thoughts on this mig? thanks.
    Unless you happen to have money to burn, I'd avoid this Snapon unit, your Powermig is just fine especially when you change out the crappy ground clamp

I also have a friend that has a SO mig welder,the first time I saw the drive system I fell on the floor laughing!......what a piece of crap!
    Those machines are made by CK Systematic and unless you have a supply house that stocks tons of old inventory you will have trouble finding parts and they are way over priced.
    Look at SOs website and look at the specs......180 amps at 100% and 230 amps at 60%......Millermatic 252 is 200 amps at 60%.Hmmmm 30 amps for 762.00? pretty pricey too me.
    Last question,how much does the Snappy guy know about welders?

I got my eye on a new Miller, I'll sell you the MM250 with the spool gun. I'll even throw in a bottle of gas and some wire.

a good friend of mine just got rid of one, he basically gave it away, he still made out, he got it for free, cant get parts as previously stated

Quote Originally Posted by Art. View Post
    I have had one for 10 years now. Never had any problems with it. I have the spoolgun too. But i will admitt the only reason i bought this machine over a miller was the fact that i could pay it off on my snap on account. I just didnt have the cash to buy the miller outright. If you have any other questions just ask.
    That's why I am doing it also it will be put on my snap on account!

I guess after reading thease replies I might have to rethink this one! The price for this welder is $3499.00 I thought it would be a good welder. I might have to just stay with my powermig for the time being. Thanks guys I might just save up for a new Miller! Which I would really love to have one but I was going to take advantage of my snap on account to get a new welder. Oh and to say! My snap on man doesn't weld so he doesn't know much about them that's why I asked you guys for your oppinions! I know this is a Miller site! So I hope I didn't offend anyone.
    Last edited by jimbo64; 03-23-2011 at 09:03 PM.