Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Relay For Life Project

Last year we built a Bar-B-Que /Smoker to raffle off for the March of Dimes and raised nearly $6,000. This year we went much simpler and I built a picnic bench to raffle off. I think it is a clean and simple design. The proceeds are going to the American Cancer Society through their Relay For Life campaign: a 24 hour walk with donations made for laps, hours walked, or through other means. It's another good fundraiser, as I'm sure we all know of someone who has been afflicted with cancer.

Working on the table frame:

The completed frame. benches still awaiting the rolled braces:

Finished Joints:

Finished in Copper Vein powder coating with upholstered seats. The table top is inset with Trex decking material:

Last edited by nocheepgas; 04-10-2011 at 11:57 AM.
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe
    Select Machine and Tool Mill
    More stuff than I can keep track of..

wow that turned out nice. i bet youll make a pretty penny off it too.

You did a great job on the table and benches! It'll make a nice raffle for a really good event.
    Miller 211
    Miller Diversion 180
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Miller Spoolmate 100
    Miller 30FX Arcstation

Simple yet elegant and beautiful. Wonderful work.
    Miller 330 BPA - Sold
    Miller 180SD Syncrowave - Sold
    Miller Aircrafter 330ST - Sold
    Miller 351 Syncrowave - Sold
    Miller CP-300
    Miller Maxstar 150 STL
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX
    Miller 135 Millermatic
    Miller Spectrum 250D (Now running strong!)

Looks great. It's great when we can make something to help out a worthy cause. I just finished decorating a metal dog to be auctioned off at the AZ Humane Society. An artist designed a 3-D metal dog and they had 24 of them stamped out. These were given to 24 artists to decorate however they wanted. I'm looking forward to attending the event to see them all. Attached is a pic of what the plain sculpture looked like with my paper ideas and my finished dog.002.jpgIMG_0668.jpg002.jpgIMG_0668.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    Looks great. It's great when we can make something to help out a worthy cause. I just finished decorating a metal dog to be auctioned off at the AZ Humane Society. An artist designed a 3-D metal dog and they had 24 of them stamped out. These were given to 24 artists to decorate however they wanted. I'm looking forward to attending the event to see them all. Attached is a pic of what the plain sculpture looked like with my paper ideas and my finished dog.002.jpgIMG_0668.jpg002.jpgIMG_0668.jpg
    Cat, some irony there you know!
    Where in AZ are you? I'm in Hereford, that's by Sierra Vista, Tombstone...
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe

Absolutely beautiful work! And a good cause.
    Professional firefighter (retired). Amateur everything else I try to do...
    Oh yeah: GO BIG RED!

Default Nocheepgas

Nocheepgas - I am in Scottsdale. Haven't been down your way in many years. Used to love to go to Bisbee and stop in Tombstone cuz there was a candy store with the best black licorice.

Default Tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    Nocheepgas - I am in Scottsdale. Haven't been down your way in many years. Used to love to go to Bisbee and stop in Tombstone cuz there was a candy store with the best black licorice.
    Want to but some tickets to win this table set? I'll deliver to Scottsdale.
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe

Default humane society auction

nocheepgas - my dog sculpture went for $650 for the Humane Society! When is your event for the table/bench set? Hope it brings in lots of $$. cat