Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: welding cart

i was definitely not recommending you get one,i think every one should build there own as the first project. some don't have the time for this and may need to, aether way i was just showing the angle is built into the factory one. to show its definitely ok.

you will not find a factory cart at my shop.
    my TIG cart is made of aluminum with the TIG, and my MIG cart was made of steel with the MIG. i also have a multi use mobile cart to cary MIG,TIG,plasma, and O/A for cross county travel.
    all made in the shop.most of the time my plasma cutter is on the shelf above the welding table so it dose not have its own cart. see pic's.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Question

Wow Funfornow those are some really cool carts nice craftsmanship.

Were did you get the covers? I have the OCC chopper one for my 251 but in needs to be tweeked buy some on to fit with my torch holder. maybe the guy who built your covers could do it for me??
    I BLEED MILLER BLUE!
    DoubleEdgeWelding@kc.rr.com
    GROUNDED IN FAITH!
    I have what my Big Bro JESUS has Blessed me with:
    Miller 251,Miller Syncro 180,Miller 625 Plasma Cutter
    Want to Buy a Miller PC-300
    Dayton 7"x12" Horiziontal Band Saw, Dewalt 14" Abrasive,& Cold Chop Saws,4' Box/Pan Brake,Also A Complete Wood Shop. Now alls I need is a bigger shop!

Were did you get the covers? I have the OCC chopper one for my 251 but in needs to be tweeked buy some on to fit with my torch holder. maybe the guy who built your covers could do it for me??
    i designed them and the wife sewed them. we were selling them for a wile. our MM210/251 was a big seller more so then the TA-185 that we were the only maker for ?? go figure ??

the new 212-252 look like the 350-p but i never tryed to fit a 350-p cover to one ? the 210/251 cover was realy nice though.

i have never seen an OCC version cover ?? how about a pic ?? and what needed tweeking ??
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

I'll get a picture of mine. Its a standard miller cover for the 251 but it comes with the helment bag and it has the miller OCC chopper and welder silk sreened on the side of it. I don't use it though because it doesn't have a flap on it. you have cover the whole machine and mine as a custom made holder pictured below. Man I wish my wife could sew I customize my cover add a front flap and a hole in the side for the torch holder.
    I BLEED MILLER BLUE!
    GROUNDED IN FAITH!
    Dayton 7"x12" Horiziontal Band Saw, Dewalt 14" Abrasive,& Cold Chop Saws,4' Box/Pan Brake,Also A Complete Wood Shop. Now alls I need is a bigger shop!

i think miller designed there cover so they could not possibly run the welder with the cover on as a safety thing to keep people from burning up the welders with coverd vents ( just a guess). you should see the Dyn200 cover. you had to take the weld leads/torch and foot control out of the power source to get the cover on ?? who wants to do that ?? needless to say it was also a good seller for us. like my TA-185 cover we made it so there was openings to let that stuff stay connected when you coverd it.
    i quit using my MM135 Miller cover due to the fit. and its best for the welders to be kept coverd. looking at the amount of garbage i blew out of the inside of my MM yearly before and after i started covering it regularly, its not hard to see how important a cover can be. a well thought out cover will get used. if its a pain to put on or a bad fit, its going to end up in the corner. thats not going to help you or your welder.
    really cool add on to the cart. i been thinking of making some additions to my MM's cart. just have to decide on what and then get to it.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Yeah I think your right thats the problem with mine I don't use it.
    I BLEED MILLER BLUE!
    GROUNDED IN FAITH!