Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: welding cart

Hybrid View

Default welding cart

not dun a cool mate 3 will go where thr 375 is when dun
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice job and nice layout. Looks well organized and I bet it will be nice to use it and to be able to get it around easy. I'm waiting on my 200 Dx and Coolmate 3 as well. I'm in the process of building the cart. The fab work is done. Paint is next.

Great job and nice design.
    Miller matic 350P
    Millermatic 252/Spool gun
    Miller Spectrum 875 plasma
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX
    Miller Coolmate 3
    Miller Elite ( INFERNO Digital)
    2008 Miller Trailblazer 302/Custom trailer
    Custom DX200 Crazy Cart
    Sofia 13 X 30 Lathe
    MODERN 10X50 knee mill with Fagor 40i DRO
    Craftex 30 Mill/Drill

All this stuff below was done with Miller gear

My YouTube vids:

http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348

Flickr photo's:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/15602393@N05/sets/

Default Nice Cart

Nice Cart man. Is there going to be a top shelf? Here some thing I wipped up one night feel free to build one on yours.

Well the website says the file is to big???? Does any one know what to do?
    I BLEED MILLER BLUE!
    DoubleEdgeWelding@kc.rr.com
    GROUNDED IN FAITH!
    I have what my Big Bro JESUS has Blessed me with:
    Miller 251,Miller Syncro 180,Miller 625 Plasma Cutter
    Want to Buy a Miller PC-300
    Dayton 7"x12" Horiziontal Band Saw, Dewalt 14" Abrasive,& Cold Chop Saws,4' Box/Pan Brake,Also A Complete Wood Shop. Now alls I need is a bigger shop!

Wink

Here they are the Pictures I tried to load earlier. I also added a piece of square tueb on the top to shove the nosal of me 251 in when I have to stand and weld to hold the gun. I've added some more stuff to it I'll get some more pics if you want. it now hold squares and rulers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by I Bleed Blue; 01-16-2008 at 10:06 PM.
    I BLEED MILLER BLUE!
    DoubleEdgeWelding@kc.rr.com
    GROUNDED IN FAITH!
    I have what my Big Bro JESUS has Blessed me with:
    Miller 251,Miller Syncro 180,Miller 625 Plasma Cutter
    Want to Buy a Miller PC-300
    Dayton 7"x12" Horiziontal Band Saw, Dewalt 14" Abrasive,& Cold Chop Saws,4' Box/Pan Brake,Also A Complete Wood Shop. Now alls I need is a bigger shop!

nice setup with the TIG on top and plasma under it. i been thinking of doing that with mine. i was going to do a cooler but starting to wonder if i want to spend the time and $$ on it.????
    good looking cart and toys on it.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Iím starting my first welding project, Itís going to be a welding cart. Iíve notice some build there welding carts so the unit sits level on it and some have a slight tilt that rises up the front a bit. I have a Millermatic 180, would it be ok to rise the front of it 3Ē above level?

Thanx
    Fab Tech

Default very nice

Someday I may try this, if I get a plasma cutter to go with my MM180. I'm still trying to get a handle on structural engineering of welding projects. You'll see what I mean when I post my overbuilt oxy-acetylene cart next week (still in progress). But, isn't that a lot of weight to have cantilevered off the uprights? Is that 2 x 2 x 1/8, or what?

FabTech
    I have a Millermatic 180, would it be ok to rise the front of it 3Ē above level?

yes it will be fine. most set them at an angle to get the face pointed at them wile standing or sitting. makes it essayer to read and work the controls. if the vent was not blocked you could stand it at a 90%.
    set it up for what works best for you. tilted seems to give the best access to both sitting and standing without putting the welder too high off the ground. the Miller factory cart is tilted.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES