Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Miller Performance Series helmet problem

My girlfriend got a Miller Performance Series helmet and she's been having problems with the outer protective lens fogging up. Theres no rubber seal between the auto shade cartridge and the outer protective lens, should there be? Has anyone else had this problem? I personally think this is a poor design on millers part, but praxair did say they have seen this problem before. They said the helmet was fine, I'm looking for other opinions now.

Thanks

Chance

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o231425d_mil.pdf

Page 22 shows a gasket between the lens and the outer protective plate

Quote Originally Posted by big mike View Post
    http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o231425d_mil.pdf

Page 22 shows a gasket between the lens and the outer protective plate
    That gasket prevents dirt and crap getting in from the outside. I'm saying there should be a gasket between the auto shade cartridge and the inside of the helmet if that makes sense. I'll have to Jimmy something up and make it work

It sounds like you are trying to stop dirt/dust from getting to the control side of the lens.In that case you will have to make something yourself.

check the exploded poarts diagram in the manual.
    I've got a hobbiest pro and there's a big rubber gasket in there that prevents such a thing.
    Did you get this unit second hand?

Tags for this Thread