Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: truckbed

I used square tubing and sawed it off at different heights. Then I welded each of those to a piece of flat bar, bored a hole in the bottom and used existing holes in the top of the frame. Then added a piece of oak to the top.

Here is a couple pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Default my truck

i thank a black flatbed will look good on this with 2 tool boxes on the side

Question headrack

youall look at this and see if i need to put something else on it befor i start building it ? i like all the input you can give me on this. i'll put the rest of the bed on post later as i draw them up. it will cost about 1000.00 for steel to build the hold thing . thanks for all the help that youall have giving me on this project

Default balkhead

hey! sorry for no posting i've been away the last week or so. The balkheads i usually make are of something like 3x3 tubing different thickness depending on the application. when installed they are the same width as the deck and are flush on the sides with the deck aswell. they may be angled towards the top or sometimes are straight. sometime they will have extentions on the top so that you can tie up long lenths like you have in your drawings. my pictures are too big to put up and i havn't had time to make them smaller and i apologize for that.

http://www.bctruckbody.com/customtruckbodies.html

have a look on this page, it has a few examples and some specs on custom made service bodies and flatdecks and such.
    Last edited by superredd; 01-30-2008 at 08:58 PM. Reason: error attaching link
    MillerMatic 175
    Cutting torch
    Arc Air
    Air compressor
    Home built Gas air compressor
    Makita Grinders
    Mazda Pickup
    Enough tools to start a bussiness but no money to do it with!

Current Build List
    Truck mounted Welding Skid
    Welding cable spools (Shell Ryn design)

Saving For
    Vantage 400
    Dynasty 300
    Suitcase Extreme 12VS

Quote Originally Posted by hbswanson View Post
    i have a dodge 3500 it is a 1999 i am trying to find plains to build a flat bed for it can anyone help me i like the one in the ideagallery/around-the -shop
    i got one that will fit right on it im trying to get a suitcase for

Default test

will toke the dot for state yesterday .done pretty good on visable they toke my pipe to be xray know monday about that i am hopeing i past that ,it toke 3 1/2 hours to do the test on 6ins pipe in 6g

Default My rig

What's up guys, I've been out of touch for a while. Been going wide open trying to get my business started. I tell you it has been difficult and expensive but I'm finally getting going. I managed to get my business lic, LLC, insurance on my truck and liability insurance. I am spending my time now going out to every place in the county to meet people and let them know I'm available. I have had some good response. Anyways here's my rig. It is a work in progress. The only thing I still need is a suitcase.

Webb's Welding and Repair LLC
    MM210 w/a 3035 spoolgun
    Syncrowave 250
    Spectrum 625
    Trialbazer 302 w/HF
    http://webbsweldingandrepair.com/home

sorry for the giant pics, forgot to resize
    Webb's Welding and Repair LLC
    MM210 w/a 3035 spoolgun
    Syncrowave 250
    Spectrum 625
    Trialbazer 302 w/HF
    http://webbsweldingandrepair.com/home

Talking test is over

Quote Originally Posted by hbswanson View Post
    will toke the dot for state yesterday .done pretty good on visable they toke my pipe to be xray know monday about that i am hopeing i past that ,it toke 3 1/2 hours to do the test on 6ins pipe in 6g
    well i past all the test i am a lis welder from the state of N.C now glad that is over it is good for 5years .

Congrats and good luck! Now the fun begins... Keep us posted on how your doing.