Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trailblazer 302

Thank you all, but man is that allot of money for me to drop. Seeing the new light of the price I think Ill stick with the TB302. If Im gonna be doing pipe welding, I will get with a company that provides the machines. I want to do allot of fabrication so the TB302 is perfect. Any accessories that are a must?.

It all depends on what you want to do with it. I run a 12RC feeder with mine and that is about it...so far.
    Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
    '06 12RC feeder
    Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
    Esab Multimaster 260
    Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Great comments, and I'll add my two cents worth as well.
    The Trailblazer 302 produces more welding and generator power at higher duty cycles and is rated at higher temperatures than any competitive welder on a pipeline. It can also run wire extremely well which is becoming more common on pipe. It;s real powerful and the smaller size comes from a high speed versus low speed engine.
    If you wanted a diesel, while the Trailblazer is a good choice, and so is the PipePro, you may want to check out the PRO 300. A very good arc for less money than the PipePro and a very quiet diesel powered package. It just had some good arc improvements implemented which were driven from Pipe line welders, and we've gotten real good feedback on the machine.
    I hope that is helpful info.
    Have a great day!

John Leisner
    Product Manager
    Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

Owner and user of:
    Trailblazer 302 and Legend 301
    Smith Dual Guard oxy-fuel system
    Various borrowed Millermatics and Spectrums.

Default 302 Millers

Quote Originally Posted by usmcruz View Post
    Im new to this forum, and Im currently going to Tulsa Welding School. They currently use lincoln electric welders, and there really nice, but Ive been comparing welders lately, and it seems Miller gets a little more bang for the buck. Once I get out of school in about 4 months I want to purchase a diesel/gas welder and was looking at the Trailblazer 302 by Miller. Anyone have any experience with this welder, is it a good one where I will have ther versatility of doing many different jobs, both commercially and residental. I know this is a Miller forum, but would really like some non bias sound advise. My instructor at Tulsa uses a Miller at his job and he said he likes them over the lincoln's. Any takers!
    I own a Miller 250 trailblazer and one of the biggest reasons that I bought a miller was because Miller corp. will help you with any problem that you might have instead of their main competitor. I've operated the three main companies equipment and they all are good machines. The only reason I would consider stepping up to a larger machine is to use bigger airarc cutting rods and to have more power to supply my home in case my electric goes out in this rural area. Actually I don't use the full potiential of my 250 and most of average welding stays within 90 to 140 amps so unless you are planning on buring some 3/16 - 7024 jet rods, a 302 would do you just fine. My 250 is a multipurpose machine as well and it does all that I ask for and very happy with it. If it was to die tomorrow, I'd go for the 302 myself.

Default What about Pro 300

What about the Pro 300 any input on that?

Sorry I havent gotten back to the boards in a bit, Ive been really busy. Thanks for all the information guys. Ive been bouncing back and forth comparing the TB302 and the LE's competiter brand, and Im sold, Im going with the TB302. Im picking it up in about 5 days.

So Im gonna need a seperate tig machine to run tig?. If so I wont be able to afford it right now. At our school we clip the ground connected to the argon hose to the machine, and then screw our tig torches onto the argon hose. I didnt see any additional tig machine. Am I missing something here?

Like you said on the TB-302 for DC tig. It has lift arc and a couple of other tig features. For AC tig you would need a high frequency box.

Hope to get a torch one of these days and try mine out on tig .
    Last edited by shortarc; 02-27-2008 at 06:54 PM.
    Trailblazer 302
    Lincoln SP-135-T
    Hobart Stickmate AC/DC
    Smith torch
    Spoolmatic 30A

Quote Originally Posted by F350Welder View Post
    What about the Pro 300 any input on that?
    Haaaahahaha,,,its a joke. Welds like ****.....

usmcruz,
    The company I work for has 9 302G's and I own one. If you stay in the mechanical piping the 302 will be fine because the largest rod you will normally run is a 1/8" 7018 and few 5/32 7018.
    If you go over to the pipeline side you will have to run 3/16 & 1/4" 8010's unless you do utility work then you will run 5/32 6010.
    The engine is the weak link on these machines, I don't think they will last running the 3/16" & 1/4" rods all day. I have run a few of these rods and the engine didn't like it.
    The Trailblaser series are the best mutipurpose machines out there. I have made a lot of welds with a 55D and a 350D Trailblaser and they ran great.
    I had to make a couple of welds a while back with a rental machine and they brought out a Big 40D. It was sweeeeeeet!!

Quote Originally Posted by shortarc View Post
    Like you said on the TB-302 for DC tig. It has lift arc and a couple of other tig features. For AC tig you would need a high frequency box.

Hope to get a torch one of these days and try mine out on tig .

Ahhh, so the box that miller sells is for ac tig, but if im doing DC tig I wont need anything extra besides the torch, argon hose with ground, and work lead right?. Sorry this is all new to me, and its allot of money going into this so I just want to make sure Im not missing anything.