Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Post Thunderbolt 225 sick

HI,

I purchsed my TB 225 about 1973, it has served my needs on the farmette and other general needs very well. It has been in storage in my sons barn for about 2 years. I pulled it out in January 2011 to do some welding on my snow blower. Much to my surprise I could only get (I'm guessing) about somewhere between 60 and 80 Amps of welding power. Is this something I can fix my self? Thanks in advance...

Might want to open it up, and re grease the worm gear and clean the crap off the shunts. Other than that, there is not much to the unit

Default repair

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Might want to open it up, and re grease the worm gear and clean the crap off the shunts. Other than that, there is not much to the unit

Cruizer, Thanks, do I clean the crap off with a putty knife or also use fine sand paper to get rid of all the rust. I will attempt to do this as soon as I can get to the shed without boots. We have had our share of rain in Cincinnati...