Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default kuziken

not shore what you mean about charging the battery's, i just hang mine in the shop (not in the bag) and its been great for 6-7years. just recently starting to blink the change battery's light. its soler assisted so keeping it in the bag cant be great for battery life. as for temp ?? i know some have reported problems but don't know the temp they start at. i have never had this problem but don't use mine out in the winter, just in the shop in winter so about 35-40 deg. F. is about as low as mine is used in when i first start to heat up the shop, and thats not often or for long.
    welcome to the site, good to have ya.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

I have always stored mine in the house where it is warm. When I go out it has always worked well in the colder temps. The only difference is I store it in the bag on a shelf, in the closet. It's been about five years and no problem with the batteries.

Cool cool 5 years in the bag

Pitalplace I have always stored mine in the house where it is warm. When I go out it has always worked well in the colder temps. The only difference is I store it in the bag on a shelf, in the closet. It's been about five years and no problem with the batteries.

good to know you can leave it in the bag and still get good bat. life. i think 5 years is your $'s worth on a set of battery's. well its a lot longer than most.
    mine just hangs on a bicycle hook( the ones that have plastic coating and look like this ? ) above my welding table. easy to grab and still secure enough i know it wont fall on accident.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    not shore what you mean about charging the battery's, i just hang mine in the shop (not in the bag) and its been great for 6-7years. just recently starting to blink the change battery's light. its soler assisted so keeping it in the bag cant be great for battery life.
    fun4now I'm not to sure about your storage theory. I would think solar assist means it uses the battery to darken initially and then the solar takes over so the battery isn't used. I highly doubt that it charges it's self while hanging on the wall. It has the auto off feature but you could run the risk of it staying on if it is sensitive enough to darken when directed at the light in your work space. Not a big deal when you shut the lights off, but if it has the auto on feature it may turn back on next time you turn the lights on in your work area.
    Not a problem if it's in the bag!!!
    With battery life in the 2000 to 3000 hr range as listed in the brochure I don't think you will have problems anytime soon! 2-3000 hrs is a pile of welding time when you think about it. If your welding machine can display arc hrs just check it out next time you get a chance, you might be surprised.

As for the temp. part of the question I'm not sure about this helmet but my auto helmet is rated to -10c (14f) and +70c (158f) just to give you an idea.
    at home:
    2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
    2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin FOR SALE
    2008 Suitcase 12RC
    Spoolmatic 30A
    WC-24
    2009 Dynasty 200DX
    2000 XMT 304
    2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Sold:MM130XP
    Sold:MM 251
    Sold:CST 280

at work:
    Invision 350MP
    Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Thanks for all the input everyone, ive been welding for about 6 years now and this is my first auto darken helmet. I was worried that one day the batteries would be dead when i go to use it and i would flash myself.

Let me tell you, it was really hard for me getting use to this helmet.... i would weld and then ask my self "Did it darken?" "Do my eyes hurt?" and then i would thing about it so much i would give myself a headache All in all though i wish i had one when i first started welding.

Ken

Talking don't worry , be happy.

keep in mind it dose not have to darken to protect your eyes. all the big namers have 100% UV protection even in the off state. so even if you did get a flash it would just be bright and cause spots for a few sec. then be ok again. its not like getting flashed without any hood if its not turned on. when i first got mine i forgot to turn it one a few times, it was no big deal.ok a lot of times. i also use it for plasma cutting in the off state to give me a lighter screen. never had my eyes hurting at bed time after a day in the shop welding with my BWE.
    as for the battery's just being dead one day. i don't know about all the auto hoods but the Miller BWE has a low battery warning light. mine has been flashing for a few months now but is still working fine. so you will have some warning before the battery's are dead.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

a big BS on the 2-3000 hr battery life

i am now searching to find out what battery/s it takes. and i have NOWHERE NEAR 100 hrs on mine

Quote Originally Posted by Blown S-10 View Post
    i am now searching to find out what battery/s it takes. and i have NOWHERE NEAR 100 hrs on mine

Dont search too far, just look inside your helmet at the top, Rookie . There should be a label that tells you the battery it takes. For my black miller elite helmet, it takes two CR2450 batterys that you can get at wal-mart. They look like watch battery's.

I just got my Elite (Stars and Stripes)...What a huge improvement over my older Jackson. Much larger viewing area. Much easier to see before I start welding. Very comfortable.......vGot it from a vendor on Amazon.com for $269.00....
    RoyB
    Dartmouth, MA

http://www.rvbprecision.com

Millermatic 185 MIG
    Miller Diversion 165
    Purox W200 O/A
    Grizzly 9957 Mill
    Grizzly 4030 Metal Band Saw
    Grizzly 1050 Knife Belt Sander
    Jet 1236 Metal Lathe
    TP Blast Cabinet

Which vendor? I didn't see the dig. elites on Amazon when I checked yesterday.
    Miller Maxstar 200 DX
    RMLS-14 Momentary Hand Control
    Miller Syncrowave 180 SD
    Porter Cable 14" dry metal saw
    Hitachi 4.5" grinder
    http://mhayesdesign.com