Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default faceplate for a Legend AEAD 200 LE

Our Grain Elevator has purchased a well used 200 LE with no legible markings on the faceplate for the switches and adjustment Range Dials. I have downloaded the pdf for the owner's manual but need to know if the Weld/Power switch can be a trial and error process in order to find out which way is weld and which way is power. I do not want to attempt the trial and error process unless it will not damage the unit or any power tool I may use to find out. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. My ultimate goal is to find a legible faceplate for the unit, but have been told they are no longer obtainable.

John Hanson

Easy John. In WELD position you will not have voltage at the 120VAC outlets. Not the single 115VAC outlet which will have power all the time but low at idle speed.

If it's a manual start unit, the engine will shut-down if the WELD/POWER switch is in the POWER position and the throttle is pulled out to the WELD speed position. If the engine is not running, it will not start under the same conditions.
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

Quote Originally Posted by jonz58 View Post
    Our Grain Elevator has purchased a well used 200 LE with no legible markings on the faceplate for the switches and adjustment Range Dials. I have downloaded the pdf for the owner's manual but need to know if the Weld/Power switch can be a trial and error process in order to find out which way is weld and which way is power. I do not want to attempt the trial and error process unless it will not damage the unit or any power tool I may use to find out. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. My ultimate goal is to find a legible faceplate for the unit, but have been told they are no longer obtainable.

John Hanson
    maybe this pic of mine will help John. should be able to just copy the pic and blow it up to see it clear. if not let me know and i'll untarp it tomorrow and snap a closer pic. i included pic of serial number for reference. i thought about maybe making a paper template for you to make your own face plate but as you can see without totally dismantling mine it would be difficult. hope this helps....jim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    miller 225 bobcat
    miller aead200le (with miller hf tig trailer mounted)
    mm175, mm211, TA181i
    mm252 w/30a spool gun
    precision tig 225
    hobart stickmate LX ac/dc
    Speedglas 9100X & XX / Miller Digital Elite
    hypertherm 380 & cutmaster 52
    victor journeyman & super range
    ridgid chop saw, kalamazoo band saw
    steel max and evolution carbide saws
    6 4.5" & a 20lb 9" rockwell grinders
    case 580 backhoe (for what i can"t lift)
    if first you don't succeed
    trash the b#####d

Default Unit SN

FYI, that Serial Number photo you posted is of the Onan engine jbmprods. Your MIller SN is on the faceplate (red arrow).
    IMG_1209%20modified.jpg

So is WELD position up or down on the WELD/POWER switch? I'm thinking it's up but can't recall for sure.
    Last edited by duaneb55; 02-25-2011 at 05:52 AM.
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

Lightbulb faceplate

when you get things figured out ,you can find one of those graphic sign places to make a decal/sticker to put on. just an idea or option. rod

Quote Originally Posted by duaneb55 View Post
    FYI, that Serial Number photo you posted is of the Onan engine jbmprods. Your MIller SN is on the faceplate (red arrow).
    IMG_1209%20modified.jpg

So is WELD position up or down on the WELD/POWER switch? I'm thinking it's up but can't recall for sure.
    my mistake here is a better pic of the front plate and serial#. i just edited the original so if it's still not clear enough give a holler. weld>up, power>down
    Attached Images Attached Images
    miller 225 bobcat
    miller aead200le (with miller hf tig trailer mounted)
    mm175, mm211, TA181i
    mm252 w/30a spool gun
    precision tig 225
    hobart stickmate LX ac/dc
    Speedglas 9100X & XX / Miller Digital Elite
    hypertherm 380 & cutmaster 52
    victor journeyman & super range
    ridgid chop saw, kalamazoo band saw
    steel max and evolution carbide saws
    6 4.5" & a 20lb 9" rockwell grinders
    case 580 backhoe (for what i can"t lift)
    if first you don't succeed
    trash the b#####d