Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default I feel for him!

Quote Originally Posted by Propulsion View Post
    I had a tig welder who had a habit of putting the torch over his leg while sitting in his chair after finishing a weld and the tungsten burned a hole thru his nut sack. Needless to say he never did that again.
    Nothing worse than a bogus bag!

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Default Het Kbar

What a coincidence here. I weld for a living, ride a '79 XLCH (actually bought it new) and my doc back home goes by Dr. Bob. I grew up in NM though.
    Lincoln: Eagle 10,000, Weld-Pak HD, Weld-Pak 155, AC-225, LN-25 wirefeeder
    Miller: Syncrowave 250DX Tigrunner
    Westinghouse: 400+ amp AC
    ThermalArc Handy wirefeeder
    1 Harris, 3 Victor O/A rigs
    Arcair gouger
    Too many other power toys to list.

Do it right, do it once. And in all things ya get what ya pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    What a coincidence here. I weld for a living, ride a '79 XLCH (actually bought it new) and my doc back home goes by Dr. Bob. I grew up in NM though.
    Old Shovelhead ? Wow, is your wife's name Ginger by any chance ? The bike in my sig is the new one Im getting hopefully in March. I do want to build 2 trailers, one to haul it and one to pull with the bike with a welder attached. Im not sure of the weight it would pull so I need to check that first. I love both my hobbies about the same. When Im called home, I wanna be buried in my leather with my hood on and ready

Larger pic of my new bike to be
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

I was Tig welding and when i lifted my helmet up i still had a nice red hot filler rod in my hand and i stabbed the back of my head with it and also burned a hole in my favorite hat

Theres nothing like the smell of burnt hat and singed hair in the morning

By the way this is an awsome site!

Miniwelder

Default worst thing I have seen

I was working in a factory during a shutdown. Two electricians were using O/A to cut some unistrut about 30 ft in the air. The one with the torch lowered the business end into the other guys leather glove and squeezed the lever trying to get it out. He cut the 2nd guys ring finger off on his right hand. ouch, no blood though

bwachob.
    Miniwelder

welcome to the site. always good to add to the info pool.
    and ouch!!! torched off his finger. that dose not sound like fun.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

I drive for a freight Co and where short to work ah Well I were shorts all the time basically. Been racking my brain to make something to wrap around my ankle that will cover my shoe with out creating a lip for slag to sit in. Any helP?
    I BLEED MILLER BLUE!
    DoubleEdgeWelding@kc.rr.com
    GROUNDED IN FAITH!
    I have what my Big Bro JESUS has Blessed me with:
    Miller 251,Miller Syncro 180,Miller 625 Plasma Cutter
    Want to Buy a Miller PC-300
    Dayton 7"x12" Horiziontal Band Saw, Dewalt 14" Abrasive,& Cold Chop Saws,4' Box/Pan Brake,Also A Complete Wood Shop. Now alls I need is a bigger shop!

I was assembling a hopper made of sheet steel with a guy once, I was on the outside lining up the corners on the top sheet, while he was on the inside tacking overhead. Got most of the way done before those holy jeans done him in. Before I knew what happened he came jumping out screaming like a schoolgirl and ran to the bathroom. Of course being a first responder I was going to see if he needed a hand, that is before I realized a bb flew off and burnt into his bag. I just let him take it easy the rest of the day!

Quote Originally Posted by JBFab View Post
    I was assembling a hopper made of sheet steel with a guy once, I was on the outside lining up the corners on the top sheet, while he was on the inside tacking overhead. Got most of the way done before those holy jeans done him in. Before I knew what happened he came jumping out screaming like a schoolgirl and ran to the bathroom. Of course being a first responder I was going to see if he needed a hand, that is before I realized a bb flew off and burnt into his bag. I just let him take it easy the rest of the day!
    I don't laugh at much stuff I read it loses something in the translation. OH I laughed so hard. Got a mental picture.
    I BLEED MILLER BLUE!
    DoubleEdgeWelding@kc.rr.com
    GROUNDED IN FAITH!
    I have what my Big Bro JESUS has Blessed me with:
    Miller 251,Miller Syncro 180,Miller 625 Plasma Cutter
    Want to Buy a Miller PC-300
    Dayton 7"x12" Horiziontal Band Saw, Dewalt 14" Abrasive,& Cold Chop Saws,4' Box/Pan Brake,Also A Complete Wood Shop. Now alls I need is a bigger shop!