Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I Live in Ensenada Baja California, around 75 miles south of the border with San Diego

heat cutting a 2x4 , dont know how a piece of molten metal went straight inside my boot !!!!

I FELT THAT IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO UNTIE IT AND YANK IT OFF

ended up with a dime size charbroiled skin burn
    A C T I O N ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
    heat cutting a 2x4 , dont know how a piece of molten metal went straight inside my boot !!!!

I FELT THAT IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO UNTIE IT AND YANK IT OFF

ended up with a dime size charbroiled skin burn
    I dont know what hurts worse, that or the Dr digging the metal out.

Human skin burning is the worst smell in the world.
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

I can actually smell the smell and my eyes water when I think about the time that I was getting ready to start a vert. down on some 12ga. galvanized and when I pulled the trigger, it just sort of "popped", and it all landed INSIDE my ear. Oh, trust me, you haven't lived until you've done that.
    "smokin' joints for 19 yrs."

A.A.S. Weld Tech.

AWS CWI 08011711

Quote Originally Posted by arrowside View Post
    I can actually smell the smell and my eyes water when I think about the time that I was getting ready to start a vert. down on some 12ga. galvanized and when I pulled the trigger, it just sort of "popped", and it all landed INSIDE my ear. Oh, trust me, you haven't lived until you've done that.
    Sounds painful, not sure I want that to happen, I wear hearing aids in both ears, not only would it sizzle and burn, Dr Bob would be peeling plastic and rubber off my ear drum.
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Default Ohh, you're all whimps!

Try roasting your berries on a piece of red hot strong pipe! O.K., here we go. Now remember this only happened once and if this happened to you, you would understand that this event stands out as one of those moments in life that doesn't require an encore. I was straddling a 8"X7/8" wall section of strong pipe in a position that is perhaps only performed by contortionists. I was pre-heating with my A/O when a piece of wood I was standing on gave way and I had no other route of escape but to pull a western stunt and ride the pipe. Both of my boys found there mark a top of red hot steel. With my 190 pounds of weight ensuring proper contact my crotch went up in flames and chestnuts were roasting on an open fire with medium well on the menu. I had a blistered bag and walked with a lest for 2 weeks.

Andy and Rick, I know your on this forum somewhere, so I don't need any more lip from you guys about this at work tomorrow! You had your laughs!

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Quote Originally Posted by tacmig View Post
    Try roasting your berries on a piece of red hot strong pipe! O.K., here we go. Now remember this only happened once and if this happened to you, you would understand that this event stands out as one of those moments in life that doesn't require an encore. I was straddling a 8"X7/8" wall section of strong pipe in a position that is perhaps only performed by contortionists. I was pre-heating with my A/O when a piece of wood I was standing on gave way and I had no other route of escape but to pull a western stunt and ride the pipe. Both of my boys found there mark a top of red hot steel. With my 190 pounds of weight ensuring proper contact my crotch went up in flames and chestnuts were roasting on an open fire with medium well on the menu. I had a blistered bag and walked with a lest for 2 weeks.

Andy and Rick, I know your on this forum somewhere, so I don't need any more lip from you guys about this at work tomorrow! You had your laughs!

TacMig
    I know I shouldn't, but I can't stop laughing. I'm sure I've got it coming my way now!
    Dynasty 200DX, first generation
    Makita 5" grinder
    Makita 14" abrasive saw
    IR SS5L compressor
    Whole bunch of hand/air tools.
    and a wish list a mile long

Unhappy

With my 190 pounds of weight ensuring proper contact my crotch went up in flames and chestnuts were roasting on an open fire with medium well on the menu. I had a blistered bag and walked with a lest for 2 weeks.

thats just too painfull to read, i bet you can feel it just typing out the story.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by tacmig View Post

TacMig
    I can't tell you how many times I've burned myself in the past: filler and or stick rods in the legs, molten metal in boots, down chest ,into the ear canal, hands all the time. You get to feel and smell it all over again when jumping into hot shower at night. I count myself VERY lucky not to have burned the boys. It hurt me just to read that TacMig

Default Yikes..

Looking back on the formentioned event, it really was luck that saved the boys from total loss. I was only 4 feet from the ground and was able to swing myself underside. With the situation at hand, this only took about a 10Th. of a second. The worst element of this injury was the ice treatment. "Chrispy frozen berries". Took 3 days off to comfort the boys and went back to a bunch of guys doing thier level best not to offend the bosses burnt bag. However, with all parts checking out O.K., they showed me the funny side and all in all, I guess it was pretty funny.

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

I had a tig welder who had a habit of putting the torch over his leg while sitting in his chair after finishing a weld and the tungsten burned a hole thru his nut sack. Needless to say he never did that again.