Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Talking

.....you can use the sho goo to hold on the foil................
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Lightbulb

monte55 Wrap yourself up in tin foil except for your eyes of course.
    i take my eye protection very seriously, i'm covering them too....im not taking any chances of getting hurt.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default burns

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    also you should where ear plugs when welding. . you don't want hot spatter,slag to go down in your ear canal. and yes it will find its way their
    Yep, hard to imagine , but it happens and hurts like....

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    also you should where ear plugs when welding. . you don't want hot spatter,slag to go down in your ear canal. and yes it will find its way their
    I was welding on a rusted up truck (90% rust, 10% metal) for a friend trying to patch some holes in the frame. Needless to say the Mig did not like all those wonderful oxides and was spitting fireballs everywhere. I was partially laying on my side when a BIG hunk of burning metal/rust landed in my ear, burnt the earplug and left a burn on my ear as well. Without the earplugs It is very possible I would be totally deaf in one ear.

Of course you should always wear earplugs to protect your ears from loud noises, but that is a different topic...
    Dynasty 200DX, first generation
    Makita 5" grinder
    Makita 14" abrasive saw
    IR SS5L compressor
    Whole bunch of hand/air tools.
    and a wish list a mile long

ear muffs may be bulky but they wont melt like ear plugs, i just take a piece of cheap fyresafe welding coat that was in rags and tape it aroun the back of my hood does pretty good at keeping stuff out.