Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Ear Plugs

Richard the hottie in the ear is the worst ,especially if youre in a position where you can't move. Nothing worse than that sizzlin sound and the nasty headache afterwards. OUCH!!
    Jim
    Welding in Crete
    Syncrowave 350 LX
    Millermatic 252
    Millermatic 180 w Spoolgun
    Miller Gold Seal 155
    Miller Elite welding helmet
    JD2 Tubing bender with Hydraulic conversion
    Evolution Raptor15" SteelDry Cut Saw
    Hypertherm Powermax 30
    Some really cool hammers BIG and small

Look for a biker standby: Leather Legs.

They cover from the knee to the bootlaces in heavy leather.

Forget the fancy frilly ones and go for the plainest style they have.

i think the boot covers i got were only like $10.oo, that said. there is a lot to thinking about where you are and what your doing to reduce a lot of problems, just the same there is no substitute for proper safety gear. best to get into the habit of using the right safety gear early in your new welding ventures/career. be for long its second nature and you just put it on without thinking about it, kinda like safety glasses. its all part of the big picture for keeping safe. nothing is 100% but no point in pushing your luck aether.
    i had no problem with surfing naked, but welding naked is another story.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by youngwelder_154 View Post
    Hey everyone, long time no talk I have gone through I think 3 pairs of overalls in the past 4 months, no matter how hard I try my pant legs just keep catching on fire I just got a brand spanking new pair of carhartts and guess what happened gouging a backing strip off my plate today.... ya you guessed it a new hole. I know that I cant really stop the holes from burning through but its just very annoying going out for new overalls every few months. Other then that school couldn't possibly be going any smoother I just my first block release February 4th so that should keep my busy.
    TRY THE LEATHER CHAPS I GOT MINE BOUT 3YRS AGO AND MY PANTS ARE STILL HOLE FREE

Get used to the idea of going through a lot of clothes if you make this a career. Getting those holes patched as they happen goes a long way toward stopping the flames. When the fray they start easy. Leathers are ok, but the chaps would kill ya down here (I hardly ever wear mine when I ride the 'ol hawg). It was 80 degrees here a couple of days ago. As for the feet try wearing slip on boots. Redwing boots hold up well for me.
    Lincoln: Eagle 10,000, Weld-Pak HD, Weld-Pak 155, AC-225, LN-25 wirefeeder
    Miller: Syncrowave 250DX Tigrunner
    Westinghouse: 400+ amp AC
    ThermalArc Handy wirefeeder
    1 Harris, 3 Victor O/A rigs
    Arcair gouger
    Too many other power toys to list.

Do it right, do it once. And in all things ya get what ya pay for.

do they sell chaos made for welding or do i really have to invest in the 300 dollar set of hein garet chaps?

i have seen a leather aprin that splits and snaps aroulnd the legs, top 1/2 (to the knee) only. and it seems like i saw a set of chaps at my LWS. be worth looking into. i think i would buy 2 aprins and make a set of chaps out of them befor spending $300 on a set.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

pick up some leathers and a tube of shoo goo this stuff is awesome. it works good for the seams of ur carharts that get burnt and let go.
    trail blazer 302
    hypertherm plasma
    millermatic 251
    high feq. arc starter
    suit case (extreme 12vs)
    o/a torches
    way to many other tools to list

Wrap yourself up in tin foil except for your eyes of course.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge