Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canox Redcat 2?

Default Canox Redcat 2?

Hello i recently acquired a Canox Redcat 2 with a 16 hp onan engine on it. The thing runs like a top the only thing is the auto idle dont work. I was wondering if someone could tell me what miller owners manual would be close to the same or tell me were to begin to diagnose the problem. Thanks for any help

Default should be the same as Bobcat 225

I used one of these machines a long time ago , it was identical to a bobcat 225 that we also used around the same time , Id try the serial number on the service tab on the top of the page to be sure though.
    I have a welding addiction

...the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask

Thank you very much for your response. I am not very knowledgeable about canox welders, from what I understand is they are just re-badged millers is this correct?

Default You are correct.

Yes Miller made these welders for Canox , They also painted them orange and sold them to Acklands too . Did you try the serial number under the service tab up top the web page? These machine are pretty reliable, just keep an eye on your oil if its using some .
    I have a welding addiction

...the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask

I tried to put in the serial # in but nothing can up the # is KD505858

Born on October 12th 1993, which equates to a Bobcat 225

Thanks you but may i ask how you found that?

Default cruizer is a repair tech.

You wondered how he came up with "birthdate"? He seems to be able to access a beter, more detailed database than what Miller and Lincoln allow us to visit. Give the guy some business if you can.
    Ornamental fabrication shop worker
    at home...
    2011 Hobart Handler 210MVP
    2013 spoolrunner 100 spool gun

Thanks, The knowledge on this website is simply amazing. I have been in the industry for 4 years now and been res sealed for a year so not a whole lot of time to gather a wealth of knowledge but this site is great for help.

I might be able or give cruizer some business does he have a site?

Go to the resources tab, click on owners manual then click on locate by model name. Now enter serial # & scroll down & click on "Bobcat 225G". This will give you the manual.
    Last edited by MMW; 02-19-2011 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Meant to type G instead of D
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24