Quote Originally Posted by Black Wolf View Post
No......It's not.

If you guys want to be part of a proper "professional" welding site, interact with professional tradespeople, and think of yourelves as "welders" then you should start using the proper terminology. I know I am going to catch some flack for this but that is OK by me.

Mig (Metal Inert Gas) is an old term that is no longer used....It has been replaced with GMAW (Gas-shielded Metal Arc Welding)

Flux Core is FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding) and can be self shield or dual shield.

Self shield is the wire already described that is "gasless"

Dual shield requires the presence of an additional inert gas just like is required by GMAW. If you try to weld dual shield wire without the shielding gas, you will have porosity and make a mess.

I am well aware that it is very common to refer to any form of wire feed welding as "Mig".....but it is inaccurate and improper, so it's about time everyone makes the effort to get it correct.

Thank you.
black wolf while i agree with this, i was refering to the process.one only has to look at millers products board and see that they are called MIG welders.so are they wrong?